Chapter 4

"Listen here. I'm not done with you yet." Freddy glared at Goldie with looks of disapproval. "Come on now Freddy, I'm sure we can talk this out some other time!" Chica pat Freddy on the back gesturing they should leave the room before Goldie really does lock them in there. Freddy argued. "I'm not gonna let him get away with this again-" Goldie hurriedly brushed past Freddy and ran out the door, fast enough to cover his choked sobs. He felt humiliated. Sure it was all originally for fun and laughter ya know? But now Goldie can't help but run away. The words Freddy spoke kept repeating through his mind. Goldie wanted all these thoughts to go away. His body which was drowning in so many emotions he doesn't usually feel. He had no idea where or why he was running away, he wasn't thinking. Suddenly he bumped into a familiar pleading face.

As Goldie bumped into Springtrap, the papers began to fly out of his hands. "Oh, I'm sorry! Let me get those!" Yelled Goldie, embarrassed. As Goldie picked up the papers, he saw the doodles of the toy characters. "Doing the shipment?" He asked. "Yeah, just trying to clear my head." He said. Goldie frowned. "Look, I'm sorry I got you involved. It was wrong of me. Everyone here hates me, and I just wanted to have someone who didn't, but I messed that up, huh?" Springtrap was caught off guard. He looked thoughtfully at Goldie. He saw himself in Goldie's eyes. "Look, I get it. I've manipulated people for my own benefit too. I've made mistakes I still regret to this day. I was spared from hell, but have to live with the choices I've made every day." Springtrap said sadly. Goldie grew confused. "What do you mean you were spared from hell?" What once was springtraps heart felt like it had dropped. "It was a-! I didn't mean-! Slip of the voice box-!" Springtrap began to sweat. "What don't I know about you...? What are you hiding...?" Goldie asked. His tears dried as his face formed a curious smile.

"Oh uh! Look at the time hahah! Gotta go deliver these bye!" Springtrap hurriedly grabbed the papers and ran away. "Hm.. well would ya look at that! Looks like we've gotta bit ah secrecy goin on around ere!" Goldie smirked. "Cameras on me guys! Detective Goldie is out for delivery! This will surely crank up the views..." Goldie muttered to himself, looking like a mad man in the distance. Springtrap hurriedly rushed past the Toy's room. Wait, were his eyes fooling him? The Toys were back safe and sound? Springtrap nervously entered and approached the Toys with the paper cards he was originally sent out to deliver. Oh boy, however they were let out they definitely know Springtrap was behind this scheme. Springtrap guiltily approached, "Listen I.."

"Oh boy! I'm so sorry Goldie did that to you!" Toy Freddy rushed towards Springtrap with bawling eyes. "Relax Fred, no need to be a cry baby, this happens every day." Toy Bonnie sighed placing his hands on his hips. "Every..? Day..?" Springtrap questioned. "Mari being the sweetheart she is let us know it was all just another one of Goldie's ploys. Listen I'm sorry that was your first impression on the place." Toy Bonnie sighed as his eyes soon lit up. "Hey watcha got there?" Springtrap looked down at what Toy Bonnie was pointing towards. "Oh these? Oh Mari told me to deliver these to you guys." Springtrap shrugged a smile. Toy Bonnie grabbed the papers and began to pass them around. "Rock on!" Exclaimed Toy Bonnie, shuffling through them. "These are sick!" Springtrap chuckled to himself. "He talks like a frat boy." He thought.

Suddenly, Freddy intruded on the party. "I'm sorry to interrupt, but could I talk to you for a moment, Springtrap?" He asked. "O-oh! Of course!" Replied Springtrap nervously. Freddy lead Springtrap into his dressing room. "Look, I think we got started on the wrong foot." Said Freddy. Springtrap looked at Freddy in guilt. "Look, I'm sorry for what I did. I thought I could trust Goldie, I never had any malicious intent. I thought I was making a right out of a wrong." Freddy gave him a subtle smile. "Don't worry about it, this happens more than you think. No hard feelings. I'm just sorry your first day was just a disaster. You know, the same thing happened with Balloon Boy when he got here. Goldie tricked him into the same old scheme. I just hope we can brush this off and move on. Tomorrow's another day, you know! We could get you cleaned up, and I'm sure we could find a place for you on stage. The kids will love you!" Exclaimed Freddy. "The kids will... love me...? Do you really think so...?" Springtrap began to remember what it was like performing as the mascot at Freddy's so long ago. He remembered the anger and sadness he felt when he was transferred to the night shift. He began to panic. "Hey, don't be nervous! They'll love you!" Said Freddy. "We all get those pre-show jitters. Just remember you're not alone." Freddy's words hit him like a brick. No... he wasn't alone. He hadn't been alone ever since-! He will never be alone.....