Chapter 9

"Hey uh.. hey Nick." Springtrap struggled for the words, this is something exasperating, something that takes guts for anyone in this kind of situation to do. Deliah slowly stepped back, her face cold. Springtrap felt himself build up fear, "Deliah wait-"
Something sucked the breath out of Springtrap mid sentence, something horrible. Tears ran down Deliah's cheeks, she ran away inside the house, Springtrap lost sight of her. "This isn't very appropriate Springtrap." Nick stared coldly towards him. "I-I'm.. look I'm sorry I-" "I'll get Deliah later, but right now I'm giving you a time limit." Nick said opening the door wider for Springtrap to step through. "And if you try hurting me or my daughter, I have the police ready on dial." Nick stated. "There's no need to get the cops involved, I promise. I'm not here to hurt anyone, I just want to talk.

Look... I know I was horrible to you when I was here, and no amount of sorry's will ever make that up. I'm not... an aggressor. I don't want to hurt anyone.. I don't know why I do.. I never wanted to hurt Deliah. Deliah is the only thing in this world that's worth being violent over. She's the only thing worth protecting. And if that meant I shielded her from my secret, so be it, but it was wrong of me. I should've been honest from the start.. way back when she found me at Freddy's. I didn't want to intrude upon your life. When I was alive, my ultimate life goal was to have a family. When that was conventionally impossible for me, I did whatever it took to make my dream into a reality. You know what it's like to have an impossible dream, don't you Nick? How much it hurts when you get to watch others live out the dream you want so badly for yourself? What I did was wrong, and there is no forgiving it. I regret the choices I made every day. The last thing I want is to make the same mistakes and take a happy child away from a family that loves them. I don't want to separate you from Deliah. I love Deliah like a daughter, but I know she isn't my daughter to love. I'm sorry, Nick." Nick stared at Springtrap. "Are you listening to yourself right now?" He questioned, "You're obsessed with my young daughter, you understand how insane that is?" Springtrap paused before he could answer, "I'm not obsessed.. it's just.. complicated."Nick sighed in response, "You have four minutes left, if that's all you had to say then." "Wait-! I'll uh.. keep it simple.." Springtrap anxiously spat. "Go ahead." Nick assured.
Meanwhile...

Goldie entered the pizzeria after his adventure in the outside world. "Heya Fox! Guess where I just went!" Goldie taunted by pirates cove. "Aye! You think I give a squash you bilge rat!" Foxy snarled out, poking his head out from amongst the curtain. "I went outside! Freddy said he needed a strong, smart, and the most amazing animatronic to venture into the outside world!" Goldie grinned crossing his arms. "And yer none of those!" Foxy spat. "Hey! I am too!" Goldie pouted. "I'm surprised ya came back. Didn't expect a weakling like yer to come back. What were ya doin' out there anyway?" Foxy asked. "I went to therapy!" He said enthusiastically. A look of surprise fell upon Foxys face. "You? Therapy? Ha!" He laughed. "It's about time! Yer demented head was just a waitin' to be cracked open!" Goldie rolled his eyes. "I'm not demented! I'm... special...! And- traumatized! I was locked away in the back room for 10 years, ya know!" Goldie yelled. Suddenly, Freddy walked into the room. "Goldie! How'd it go?" He said approaching them by the cove. "Great! I talked about my feelings and drew pictures! I'm quite the artist, ya know." Goldie said cheerfully. "That's great to hear! Say, where's springtrap?" Freddy asked. "Oh, him? He said he needed to go somewhere. He'll probably be back in a bit!" Goldie said. "Oh, alright then! Hopefully he's okay..." said Freddy worriedly. "Nah, I'm sure he's just fine!" Goldie said enthusiastically. "Anyways.. Goldie, how about you and I have a small chat." Freddy gestured Goldie to follow, something about Freddy's tone made Goldie shutter. The two of them walked through the halls, Freddy was silent at first until he stopped in front of the prize corner. "Goldie, do you remember the day Springtrap preformed on stage for the first time, and how it left a scar on our reputation?" Freddy glanced at Goldie, "Oh uh.. yeah! Of course I do! Man what an unfortunate event dat was." Goldie nervously smiled. "Goldie." Freddy firmly said, "You weren't the one who was behind that.. were you." Goldie's heart dropped. "Of course not! I was in the back room! Ya know.. like how I was for 10 years." Goldie smiled, he quickly scurried through his thoughts to think of a way out of this, otherwise his plans will fail!