Chapter 6

The next morning, Goldie took the opportunity to try to make friends with Freddy. He looked in the mirror whilst adjusting his bow tie. "Alright Goldie, this should be easy! Freddy's shown you sympathy before, what makes this time any different?" He heckled as he walked out of his room. "Oh Freddy!" He yelled, running down the hallway. "What do you want, Goldie? You shouldn't be out of your room, we're about to open." Snarled Freddy. "Relax, Fazbear! I don't want any trouble! I was just trying to see if you needed help with your morning preparations, that's all!" Freddy looked suspiciously. "You've never offered to help me before... you must want something..." Freddy said. "Me? Want somin? Of course not!" Goldie cheered. He then put on a face of sincerity, "Actually I felt bad for all the trouble I caused you the past few days.." Obviously Goldie was lying, he didn't feel bad, but he had to do whatever it took to buddy up with Fazbear.

"You? Feel bad? When have you ever felt bad for anything." Freddy scoffed rolling his eyes, he then proceeded to walk past Goldie. Goldie stepped in front of Freddy to block him from stepping further. "Whaaat? Are you saying I'm not capable of having feelings? Wow Fazbear..." Goldie frowned. Freddy grew annoyed, "Step aside Goldie, I don't have time for this." Freddy pushed Goldie to the side.
"I just.. missed my brother."

Freddy turned back to look Goldie in the eyes, what did he just say? "You.. what?" Freddy was fixated on Goldie's teary eyes. "It's fine.. if you don't want my help then I'll just go." Goldie glumly turned to walk the other way. Suddenly, Goldie felt a hand grab his arm, he turned to see Freddy frowning with his arm in grasp. "I need help placing these party hats, after that we need to set the stage up." This was perfect, Freddy totally believed Goldie's scheme. "Man what a great actor am I!" Goldie thought amongst himself. Goldie gave a smile. "Great!" Goldie yelled enthusiastically, grabbing some of the party hats from Freddy. He then proceeded to walk over to the tables and meticulously lay out the party hats as he hummed to himself. Freddy looked over at him.

"Something's wrong... there's no way he just had a sudden change of heart. He's been acting strange lately, and I want to find out why." Thought Freddy to himself. "Oh Freddy, look! I've finished puttin' up the hats!" Yelled Goldie, waving Freddy over. Freddy gave a look of surprise. "Wow Goldie! This is... impressive... coming from you!" He flashed a smile. "Offended." Goldie said. "Sorry, sorry! I didn't mean it like that... I meant- thanks for the help." Freddy then walked to the other end of the room. "Here, it's time to set up the stage.""On it!" Goldie teleported to the stage and helped push back the curtains. Freddy stood examining Goldie, who was doing all the work before Freddy could even lay a finger. "How do we turn on da lights anyways?" Goldie looked up towards the wall mounted stage lights. "There should be a switch that turns them on, behind the curtains." Freddy pointed towards an operating switch highly mounted by the curtain. Goldie's eyes then grew wide. He thought to himself, "Oh crumbs! My weakness! Hard to reach places!" Goldie quietly scoffed, damn it Fazbear.

"Oh hah.. yeah sure!" Goldie nervously reached for the lever swaying back and forth trying to reach. Freddy examined his struggle, he walked over to Goldie who was still attempting to reach the lever. "Let me." Freddy reached past Goldie's shoulders. Goldie gave a look of side eye and spouted, "I got it! I don't need ya help!" Freddy looked down at Goldie and snickered, "You must always have your way, I forgot." Freddy grabbed Goldie's waist and lifted him up. "WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING?" Goldie thought. His eyes were now level with the lever. "God, hurry up and pull it." Freddy groaned. "Right, right!" Goldie said, pulling the lever. "Always so impatient.." he thought to himself. "Ah! There we go!" Goldie said excitedly. Freddy smiled and looked down at Goldie. "Good work, Goldie. I must say I'm impressed." He said. Goldie smiled and wafted his arm. "Pffft, lil ol me?" Freddy chuckled and looked at the clock that was mounted to the wall. "Oh gracious! It's opening time! You need to head back to your room!" Said Freddy nervously. "Aww, do I really have to go? Can't I tag along with you and the gang for one day? Please..?" Goldie pleaded. Freddy sighed. "Goldie, you know the rules. You can't be seen here since the incident. You know they wanted to scrap you! You're only allowed to exist out of sight, I'm sorry." He looked down at the floor. "We don't have a choice." Goldie took a short gasp.