Chapter One

The world was still around Ella as she sat wiping away a tear. The only object moving in her mind was Audrey Bourgeois. Even in all black she was dressed to the nines, being the most put together person in the whole room. Every word spoken from her mouth matched her appearance. Though tears coated her cheeks, paparazzi snapping pictures left and right, press getting up close and personal.

It was soon Gabriel's turn to speak his peace on his wife, all heads in the room dashed towards him when he finally took Audrey's place, giving her a small nod and smile.

"I am thankful to know that just like my family and I, all of you here also cared and loved my dear Emilie. She taught me love, something I never knew before her and something I will never lose because of her and my perfect children. Emily will continue to live on through all of us; whether that be movies, interviews, photos, objects, or even creations made along the way.

"Emilie brought out the best of me and the strongest parts of my family. She will forever be missed, every moment of everyday. Though even if the world stopped today, it would still need to go on the next. That is what we all have to do, continue to move forward and deal with the pain. Live with the hurting never pushing it away, but embracing it along with the new life ahead. To always love, to always grow, and to always stay true. Thank you."

The crowd clapped silently as Gabriel made his way back to his chair. His outfit was far from outstanding, it would normally be unheard of for Paris's top fashion designer to look dull. Though it diverted the attention away from him and solely on Emilie each time he was picked up in the digital lens.

Adrien was next, his hands shaking paper warping underneath them. Gabriel insisted his children along with everyone else close to Emilie, to give speeches, the twins only being fifteen and homeschooled for their whole life's had barely any experience with public speaking. Adrien having less experience than Ella being a model, whilst she took on acting and sport of competition.

Adrien's speech was lackluster but thoughtful, every few sentences he would slip up on a word or two but no one laughed and no one would. His nervousness soon became covered by the subtle fact he was trying to conceal breaking down from the public. It was unnoticeable to them since he still shed a tear once in a while.

He signed off in a similar manner compared to his father but even though he looked more put together he didn't show it. It was finally Ella's turn, being the last person to speak and she didn't even have a rattling bone in her body.

She carried herself in a similar way as Emilie would have, dressing in an old piece of her mother's, paying homage. She gave Adrien a hug and whispered in his ear as they passed each other.

"As my father and brother both said, we are all happy to every single one of you here, that took this time in remembrance of my mother Emilie. There would be no words in the world that could explain the love that I have for my mother and the pain that I will now feel without having her here. I will forever be changed by my mother's death, but it is my choice whether that change will be a good or bad one.

"I will forever strive for good, just like her, she taught me many things but once she told me, 'Lead with compassion, light, and for the love within your heart.' To honor her I will always take each step with all of the love I have for my family, friends, and all of you. Because in dark times like these the love in your heart does not fade or die with them, but it stays and when nourished it will only grow deeper and stronger.

"I am not saying that I am not saddened or hurt by my mother's grievances but her death didn't kill of my love for her but truly showed me how much love I really have for her. Opened my eyes and showed me that death is inevitable and inescapable. Though like me all of you have the choice in how you respond to it. That response could be seeing a therapist, talking to family, doing pity crimes, or even seeking revenge. Some good and some will only cause even more grief in life, they should never be the first or last choice made in any situation. My choice is family. And I will stick by my choice.

"Thank you all for paying your respects and listening to Emilie's friend's and family's close words today. Feel free to place any gifts near her casket and speak your peace as we have."

Ella turned her back, tears escaping her eyes as she placed a wrapped present at the foot of her mother's casket. Everyone was now scattered throughout the Saint-Eustache Church though the sun reflecting off freshly curled blonde hair caught the attention of Ella as she scanned the crowd. Walking over she believed to have the right idea of who it was but didn't want to risk being wrong till they turned around and gave a sad smile extending out their hands.

Chloe stood in an off the shoulder evening dress with many ruffled layers, diamonds coated her neck and ears sparkling like stars. Ella gave a small chuckle as she embraced her best friend. Chloe was the first to break away when she felt Ella's tears and wiped them from her face without smudging her makeup.

Small conversations were held, many hugs shared throughout people, and spoken words of sorrows. If it could even be a possibility Ella was more exhausted by the end of the day then the start, while Adrien seemed more at ease after the event, whilst Gabriel held a hard face.

Leaving Gabriel alone with his thoughts now was a scary thing, Ella tried distracting him, but she was not her mother. Gabriel longed for Emilie, more than he longed for anything else he has ever wanted. Making the car ride home long, tension tight in the air, everyone not wanting to be in the head of the other.

When arriving at the Agrest mansion, Gabriel slammed each door, slicing the air with a ripple effect that waved into the twins. Adrien left next his knuckles turning red as he muttered under his breath. Ella stayed letting out a sigh, she wanted to scream out and cry right there but showing emotion, seeking comfort would be much harder now without her mother.

Ella left and with it her old life, she wouldn't look back now, she couldn't.

First Chapter! I hope you guys liked it. Many chapters won't be this long but others may be longer. I don't think the next few will be over 1,000 words but later ones coming most definitely will.