Chapter Twelve

"It has only been three days since the first attack of these villains caused the destruction of Paris. Each one with a new name and a new face but these villains are just as much victims in these situations as you, me, or anyone in our city. All losing control once being consumed by a butterfly with a purple glow called Akumas. These Akumas come from the real villain, the man who controls these people, Hawkmoth," Ella changed her glance away from her brother and Chloe to look down at Alya's phone. She was playing a video that she recorded herself and the border seemed to resemble the same pattern of the Ladybug suit.

"It's for the Ladyblog!" Alya peeped excitedly.

"Ladyblog?" Marinette asked, still staring at the video.

"Yeah it's this new project I'm working on. People want to see and know about these heroes so why shouldn't there be a place to discover everything about them? It might be a little risky getting pictures and videos during Akuma fights but it'll make it better."

"You're going to be getting videos during the Akuma fights!" Marinette spoke baffled. "You can't do that Alya, it's way too risky. I don't think it's a good idea to do this blog."

"This has been my dream since forever and you know this," Alya reminded.

Ella walked over to the two before Ayla could finish, "Then follow your dreams. The Akuma attacks have been scary but if it's too much you can always leave and there's super heroes out there who will protect you."

"What if they are too busy fighting the villain? What if they can't save everyone?" Marinette sniffled, looking close to a breakdown as she spoke.

"I'm sure you'll be safe, Alya," Ella lifted her arm towards Marinette with comfort only for her to slightly move away. "The Akumatized villains normally go for the heroes anyways or the people that caused them those negative feelings in the first place, so unless you mess up someone's life so badly, none of them will actively go after you."

"You're right," Alya pondered, looking down before her distant eyes lit up and she tightly wrapped her arms around Ella's neck. "Thank you! You should eat lunch with us today, well if you want to."

Marinette's eyes widened and she shook her head ever so slightly which made Ella smile, "I would love too."