*Chapter Nine*

"Thanks for the dinner again, Ms. Couffaine," Ella said as she gathered up her belongings. Her and Juleka finally decided to practice on their memorization because of the long conversation Luka had with the both of them and the importance of theater.

"Ella I already told you, call me Anarka. I can't stand that Ms stuff," She leaned over to her and spoke in a hushed tone. "It makes me feel old."

The two erupted into laughter, "Well thank you, Anarka."

Ella went to put her backpack on but realized she never took off Luka's jacket. Her cheeks flushed a light pink and she bit her lip. She began to take it off but was stopped when Luka placed his hand on her arm, "Keep it. It's cold out and it doesn't look like your ride is parked close."

"Uh, are you sure? I'll be fine," Even as Ella spoke the words she made no progression to remove the jacket.

"It's okay Ella, if you're worried just give it back to me tomorrow," He looked out the window to find it dark outside with only a few street lights illuminating the street. "And how about I walk you to your car, It's dark and you don't know the streets out here that well."

Ella thought about Gorilla's reaction but brushed it off, "That would be nice."

Luka followed Ella out as she exited onto the docks. She watched her stepping to make sure she wouldn't slip but she couldn't help her eyes wondering at the many boats and listening to the calming sounds coming from the river. It reminded her of the beach, she would always make trips with her mother but now it seemed like she hadn't had time for small things like that. Although she contained a wide smile her eyes were dull and bleak.

Luka on the other hand seemed distant from both Ella and the world around him, Ella noticed but she kept to herself. It wasn't long till they made it to her car, though Ella just wanted to continue on. She was stopped in her tracks when Luka asked if that was her car and she only nodded her response. Before waving goodbye he opened the door for her to get in, her mind wasn't focused on the strange look Gorilla was making towards her but on Luka's face as he smiled down at her.

"Thank you," She said quietly before he closed the door and she took off.