Chapter Six

Adrien was running late compared to how Ella made it to the car, being frightful of the downpour. He caught Marinette walking out a bit before him, the bluebell's name he caught from Nino earlier in the day. She shivered as her clothing was not mad for the weather before her, reaching out as she touched the rain and it soaked her palm. She quickly brought her palm back into her chest.

"Hey," Adrien said in a charming way.

She only looked to the side with a sigh.

He opened his umbrella and stood in the rain with sadness in his eyes, "I was only trying to take the gum off your seat, I swear. I've never been to school before, never had real friends, it's all sort of new to me," He smiled, extending out his arm giving the umbrella to her, eyes winding as the thunder roared. She grabbed it with a shaky hand as it collapsed on her face, Adrien let out a sweet laugh then so did she. "See you Tomorrow."

Knees bending in as she dropped her bag and lightly stammered "Uh huh. See you Tomar-Tom-row."

The car ride home was the last time Adrien spoke to Ella from the beginning of the day. He boasted about all the new people he met and how glad he was to be at a real school. Though Ella didn't say a word it was the best conversation she has had with him for a while now. Even Nathalie was pleased seeing him this way since he had not shown joy like this since Emile.

Even when exiting the car Adrien was still talking and seemed more excited to tell Gabriel, though his office was closed off. It wasn't rare that it would be locked but a part of Adrien broke as he tried to open the door but it wouldn't budge. He walked off to his bedroom head hung low and prepared for his fencing class.

It hurts Ella to see how easily he crumbles now, in the past he was stronger though in the past she was also weaker as well. Ella walked to her own room as well to get ready for gymnastics. She wondered if she would ever get sick of her auburn headed friend.