II

⊱𝘍𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘥 𝘚𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘭⊰

Dire Crowley was an odd man [name] thought. When the two of them had went to the library, he has accused them of lying, proceed to praise himself over their situation, and he had 'generously' let them in this abandoned dorm building.

After that he told [name] not to leave and disappeared. Sighing to themselves as they look around. Taking off their uniform, they were left with what was underneath it.

Their orange Camp Half-Blood shirt has soot on it, their baggy jeans had holes, bulky work boots that almost crushed the floor of the old building as they walked, a leather tool belt strapped around their waist it was filled with various tools raging from ones used for anvil work to ones for machines, and finally on top of their head was a pair of protective googles.

Nodding to themselves, as they planned how they were going to fix this building one step at a time. They didn't notice the roof was leaking until a water droplet startled them out of their own world.

[name] however, wasn't the only one who gotten wet.

"GWAH! It's pouring out there!" A familiar voice yells out.

The Demi-god sighs, cursing at themself for jinxing it. Their hunch was right, the ceremony wasn't the last time they would see Grim.

"Bwahaha! That look in your face is priceless! Like a bat that got blasted by a water gun." He taunts them.

"What does that even mean...?" [name] mutters under their breath. Grim either ignored them or didn't their confusion about his metaphor.

"As if I wouldn't just sneak back into the second I escaped pryin' eyes. You all got no idea what I'm capable of! I ain't givin' up on goin' here just 'cause I got kicked out one measly ol' time. And if you think otherwise, you don't know Grim!"

Even if he seems to be full of himself, [name] couldn't help but smile, this little monster had ambition, they could appreciate that.

"So Grim, why do want to go to this school so badly?" They looked down at him a curious expression on their face.

"Isn't it obvious?" He asked a question right back at them, his big blue eyes seem to widen even more. "I was born to do this! I'm a magical prodigy who's got the makin's to become one of the greatest mages who ever lived!"

His happy smile that disappeared as he puts his arms down to his side again.

"So I've been waitin' and waitin' for that black carriage to come for me. And yet.." his expression now became an annoyed one. "Hrmph! That Dark Mirror's got no eye for talent! That's why I took the initiative and came here myself. You humans don't understand what a mistake you're makin'! Not letting me in is a great loss to the world!"

A part of [name] knows what the feeling of waiting for something that may never come. It was the feeling they had at camp waiting for their godly parent to claim them, accepting them into his life. It was a while until he did claim them, but the wait was worth it, they told themself.

Grim screaming about getting water on him snapped them out of their thoughts. [name] wanted to laugh about how cat like this monster was. A small smile was on their face as they liked the fact that their were nice monsters here.