XIV

◄ 𝘞𝘰𝘳𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘔𝘢𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴 ►

[name] silently watched everything unfold, the smallest hint of a smile on their face.

The group struggling to breath, Ruggie's arm turning into sand, the panic, Riddle's magic not working in Leona. It was amusing.

"Oh my...how violent this is turning out to be," the demigod says quietly, not loud enough for a human to hear. But most certainly a fae or beastman could be able to hear it.

"If you have so much power, why do this?" Riddle looks at Leona.

"Why? What do you care kid? Your gonna scold me? Try to talk me down? Power alone ain't enough to make waves in this world."

The demigod laughs loudly at Leona's statement. This causes people to look at them.

"I'm sorry, I'm just laughing at how wrong you are, kid," They take a step closer. "People with power get to boss the weaker ones around, make them do things, and they will do it. Power is everything."

[name]'s eyes flash red once again, a smirk appears on their face.

"That's enough!" Jack yells. "Unleash the Best!"

Jack transforms into a wolf, succeeding in distracting Leona, letting Riddle use his signature magic on the lion beastman.

Lilia comments on how Leona would never be a king compared to Malleus.

Leona finally snaps, too much emotion, too much pent up anger, too much self hatred.

[name] grins even more.
✦✧✦✧
The fight, it finally came. Overblot Leona vs everyone else.

Pulling out their pole from their bag, they hesitated, what if Leona turns it into sand? What if they lose it forever?

The demigod stared at it, not knowing what to do. They didn't move until Deuce yelled to them.

"[name]! We need you to kill the monster!"

Eyes flashing red, they nodded. They didn't have time for this, they needed to act.

Taking a break they pressed the familiar button. A spear made out of bronze shined in the clouded  area.

"Same plan folks! District and I'll kill!" They smile.

The group, minus Lilia, the sliver haired boy (who was named Sliver), and the green haired boy (called Sebek), who were getting someone of authority and helping to escort the injured, stared to attack Leona.

Leona, even in his overblot state, seemed to be able to notice what's going around him. When he noticed [name] trying to sneak up on him, he shot a spell, hitting them directly in the head.

They lost their grip on their spear, causing it to fall in the ground. [name] also stumbled back, but was able to catch themself.

Their vision blurred, head dizzy, but they pushed through it. Reaching out for their beloved spear, only to feel nothing.

Their breath picked up, they tried looking around but everything was so distorted it was impossible to see anything clearly. They let out a noise of panic, trying to find anything familiar.