IV

⊱𝘍𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘥 𝘚𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘭⊰

The woods were dark and eerie. Only the light source was the moon. [name] silently says a prayer to Nyx, hoping that she will help guide them.

"So this is the Dwarf's Mine...long ago, this mine was flush with magestones."

"Urgh...who knows what lurks in there now?"

"Look, I can see a house. Let's see what the people there have to say." Ace suggested.

The young demigod gives Ace a look, unsure if he's joking or not. The house looked abandoned, there wasn't going to be people in there.

He wasn't joking. The four stepped into the cottage. Dust and cobwebs all around, resembling Ramshackle. When the four found nothing in the house, they went to look in the cave instead.

The cave, or the mine, had gems on every wall.
It was beautiful to [name]. Their eyes looking over the mine, smiling when they found a pickaxe. Walking over they take it. It felt nice in their hands, they decided their going to keep it.

Turning around when they heard Grim yell, they were meant with ghost once more. Sighing as the three argue. Their eyebrows furrowed when they heard a different kind of voice.

"Shut up." They slowly stand up, walking closer to the three.

The others give them a look until they heard it too.

A tall monster steps into sight. Red clothing that's torn apart, a glass head filled with a black liquid. It's an unpleasant sight.

"...iiivvv....oooouuu...neeevaaaa....iiivvvv ....oooouuuu...Stooonesss....Stoooonessss aaare miiiine!"

[name] drops the pickaxe, their hand immediately grabbing the pole in their work belt.

"...But didn't it just say something about 'stones'?!"

"Yes Ace, it did," [name] huffs. "It's probably protecting the last magestone from us..."

"We need to get it!" Deuce declares. "I'm going in, I won't be expelled, no matter what!"
✦✧✦✧
The fight didn't go as planned, as the only one unharmed was the 'magic-less' human. Their arms crossed as they glared at the three. Although the only good thing was that they got confirmation that a magestone still is there.

"Let's just give up and go home. I'll happily take the expulsion if it means never having to fight that thing again." The ginger sighs.

"What?! Nuh-uh, not happenin'! I'd rather die than get expelled from Night Raven!" Deuce argues back. "How can you give up when the stone is right there?"

"Pfft. Big talk from someone who's not even half the mage I am. You want that stone so bad, go get it yourself. I'm out."

"Oh YEAH?! Fine, go back to your coop, you big chicken!"

"Whaaaat?! Who're you call in' chicken, huh?!"

"Alright that's enough!" [name] yells out the two. "Stop arguing! Your teenagers act like it!"

This got the two to stop fighting. Eyes wide as they look at [name].

"Whoa, that was loud. Where'd that come from?" Grim was taken aback by [name]'s yelling as well.