VIII

♔𝘙𝘶𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘔𝘦𝘵𝘢𝘭♔

The morning started off alright, the Heartslabyul freshman struggled with getting [name] up, who they found sleeping in another room that was a mess the previous night.

Apparently, the demigod had a tendency to repair things at night after everyone has went to bed.

"We have the unbrithday party today, we can't be late." Deuce sighed as [name] put all of their body weight one him.

"Mmm..." [name] sleepily groans.

"Good morning! Did you all enjoy your sleepover? Did you bond over pillow fights and play card games?" Cater looked at the group, sweat dropping when he saw [name].

The prefect gives him a small wave, not saying anything.

"We only played old maid," Ace sighs. "That's the only one Grim knows how to play..."

"And I still kept losing!" Grim huffs.

"That's because you can't keep a poker face no matter what."

"Well," Cater cuts in before the two could fight. "We should probably head over, we're a bit short handed at the moment..." he chuckles nervously.
✦✧✦✧
[name] was still half asleep when they got to Heartslabyul. But became wide awake when they saw Cater, only this one was in his P.E uniform.

Cater, the one in the school uniform, chuckles at the first-years confusion.

"This is my signature spell, Split Card. It lets me make magic duplicates of myself!"

Two more Caters appears. One is in the ceremonial robes and the other is in the potions uniform.

"J-S-Y-K, I'm actually the real Cater," The one in the P.E uniform informs the group. "Making these duplicates is super exhausting, so I can't maintain them for long. Anyway, if we're late, heads will roll. And since we're several people short, we'll need your help. But when we're done, I promise to take you straight to Riddle."
✦✧✦✧
The demigod looks at the set up for the party in awe. The best way to describe it is an organized mess.

"All hail our leader, the red sovereign himself...Housewarden Riddle!"

"We salute you, Housewarden Riddle!"

"One of the Queen's rules mandates formal dress on party days. As a show of kindness from a beloved mentor, I'll help coordinate your outfits."

[name] looks down at their outfit, nothing changed. It looked the same as before. Even Grim's bow changed, so why didn't theirs? A small note in their pocket caught their attention.

'𝙳𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢, 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐. 𝙸 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚌𝚕𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚎𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊 𝚍𝚎𝚖𝚒𝚐𝚘𝚍 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏.

𝙻𝚘𝚝𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎,
𝙰𝚙𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚎 ♡'

A chuckle comes from [name], who waves off the confused faces of the others. Choosing to ignore it, Cater reminds Ace to not forget the tart that still needs ti be given to Riddle.