III

⊱𝘍𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘥 𝘚𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘭⊰

𝘕𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘣𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘷𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯. 𝘚𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘷𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘢 𝘰𝘧 𝘣𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬, 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘺 𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘢𝘵. 𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘮𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘦𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘯.

A knocking on the door awoke them. What an odd dream, they thought as they stood from the bed, stretching.

Glancing over at Grim, who was still fast asleep, they quietly left the room. The old dorm building was damp, but even more so in the morning. [name] was cold, which doesn't happen often, their body is warmer than regular mortals, they believe it was because of who their father is.

Opening the door they see Crowley standing outside with multiple supplies besides him.

"Good morning, [name]. Did you sleep well?" A kind smile come across his face.

"I did, yes, thank you," [name] lies, well half lies. It wasn't the worst but wasn't the best. It was actually pretty good for a Demi-god who's all alone...[name] didn't want to think about that.

"I am delighted to hear that you've adjusted so well, despite being sent to another world! Now, speaking of moving on, let us discuss your assignment for today."
✦✧✦✧
The two new (and only) members of the janitorial staff had made their way to Main Street. Seven stone statues of different people and beings were lined up.

[name] let out a curious hum, not recognizing any.

"Wow, so this is Main Street, huh? This is incredible!" [name] nods in agreement to Grim's words. "I didn't get to see much of it yesterday. What's the deal with these seven statues? All their faces look pretty scary. Like, this lady here looks like she's got some reeeal anger management issues."

[name] chuckles at Grim but they can see his point.

"You don't know the Queen of Hearts?" A voice, which belongs to a ginger in a school uniform, joins in the conversation.

"Queen of Hearts? Is she some kinda big deal?" Grim ask the stranger.

The stranger explains who the Queen of Hearts was, [name] couldn't help but give the stranger an odd look when he told the two that he's a big fan of queen who decapitated her subjects for steeping out of line.

"Who are you anyway?" [name]'s voice comes out a bit harsher than they meant it for, but they couldn't help it, they had an odd feeling shout him.

"Name's Ace. I'm a first-year student here, as of...today! Pleased to meetcha!" He says in upbeat and kind tone yet the Demi-god could sense something else.

It made their eyes narrow at Ace.

"I'm Grim! I'm a prodigy who's plannin' to be, like, the greatest mage who ever lived. That there's my far less interesting hench-human."

"'[name]'? Huh. Name's got an odd ring to it." Ace mutters to himself.

"Nice to meet you Ace...and I'm not your hench-human!" They send a glare Grim's way.