VII

♔𝘙𝘶𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘔𝘦𝘵𝘢𝘭♔

"Hey, come look at this!" Grim calls over to [name], who is still shaking a little. "There's a ton of fruit growing here! Smells ripe too!"

"It seem so, back at camp there was a ton of strawberry bushes, they're also thriving because of-"

"Ouch!" A gruff voice interrupted [name].

[name] backs up to see what they step on. Their eyes widened when they saw a man with lion ears and a lion tail.

"Hey! You got some nerve steppin' on my tail and just walkin' away!"

"Are you the groundskeeper? Not sure you oughta be talkin' to students that way, pal." Grim glares at the man.

The demigod gently kicks the monster before clearing their throat. They recognized the voice from orientation, if they did remember correctly this man was a Housewarden.

"I'm sorry for stepping on your tail, I truly didn't see...I'm sorry are you sniffing me?" They looked at the man, weirded out.

"..." the man narrowed his eyes at them. "You don't smell of magic at least I don't think you do..."

[name]'s own eyes narrow. They stand a bit straighter as well.

"Well, can't say it'd be much fun to hurt someone so helpless. Still gonna do it, though. No one gets to stomp on my tail and just walk away without payin' the price."

"'Helpless'?" [name] scoffs. "I wouldn't be so sure about that..."

"Leona! There you are! I knew I'd find you here! We got after-school classes today, remember?" Said a boy with hyena ears.

"Ugh...and now I got this guy on my tail..." the man with lion ears, now known as Leona, grumbles.

"Leona, you've already had to repeat one year. If you get held back again, we'll be in the same grade!"

"Put a sock it in already. I'm done with your yapping Ruggie."

"You were held back?" [name] snickers softly at Leona.

Leona glares at [name], apparently hearing what they said. [name] only tilts their head and raised their eyebrows, almost as if their challenging him to do anything.

"Next time you stink up my territory, there's gonna be a price to pay, herbivores!"

Leona and the boy, Ruggie if [name] heard correctly, walked away. Grim was looking at [name, who was watching the two leave.

The demigod rolls their eyes and walks to the entrance. Grim hurriedly follows them.

"Let's go meet up with Ace and Deuce," they mutter.

If Leona wanted a fight, they were going to fight back. Unfortunately, this was not the time nor place to do so.

When Ace saw the two walking towards him and the blue haired male, he waved.

"Yo! We found a basket and tongs!"

"What in the world happened to you two?" Deuce asks with his arms crossed.
✦✧✦✧
"Welcome back. Looks like you got plenty!" Trey smiles at the groups arrival.