XI

◄ 𝘞𝘰𝘳𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘔𝘢𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴 ►

The group walks into the room. When [name] saw Trey, their eyes narrowed at the wrap around his ankle.

"Well, if it isn't Hunting Season! And Grim and [name]!" Cater waves to the group.

"Whaddaya mean 'Hunting Season'?" Ace asks Cater.

[name] walks over to Trey quietly

"It's what you call an Ace Deuce in poker!" Cater explains with a smile.

"That's right," [name] comments. "And Trey, who wrapped your ankle, it's terrible..."

"The school's nurse did [name]..." Trey sweat drops.

The demigod unwraps his ankle. Feeling in a pocket of their pants, they pull out some new bandages.

[name] had learnt to always keep extra on their person. It was either that or go to the Apollo kids any time they got hurt. And safe to say, the Apollo kids gotten tired of seeing [name].

"How did ya get hurt anyways Trey?" Ace turns his attention to the green haired third year.

"I tripped down the stairs. I couldn't catch myself and my ankle got messed up. I'll be on crutches for a while."

"You shouldn't have to be if they wrapped your ankle properly..." [name] rolls their eyes.

"Why are there so many people in here? Trey is supposed to be resting!" Riddle says as he steps into the room.

[name] tunes out the conversation as they focus on rewrapping the bandages.

"𝘔𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘳𝘢𝘱 𝘪𝘵 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘫𝘶𝘳𝘺 𝘢𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴," 𝘢 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘦 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘴. "𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵. 𝘌𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘳𝘢𝘱 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘴 𝘢𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘭, 𝘰𝘳 𝘯𝘰𝘵. 𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘳𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘰𝘵."

"There," [name] steps back with a smile. "I spaced out, what were we talking about?"

Riddle sighs.

"I was just explaining how it was my fault that Trey got injured."
✦✧✦✧
After that, Riddle, Cater, Deuce, and Ace joined the investigation. By then, Riddle had told the group it was clear that whoever the culprit was, was targeting spelldrive members who were going to play in the upcoming tournament.

They first went to Pomefiore, the dorm was a castle, [name] gaped at the sight of it.

"We're looking for a guy named 'Rook Hunt'. He has a bob and a fedora, can't miss him," Cater tells the group.

"He is an exceptional player, he performed well last year. Although he is an odd duck," Riddle continues where Cater left off.

"It's because he has a fedora," [name] mutters under their breath.