XVI

↜𝘙𝘦𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘔𝘦𝘯𝘥↝

Azul Ashengrotto was annoyingly good at everything. That's all [name] could come up with when them and Jack observed him throughout the day.

The two were only doing this because Crowley told [name] to 'persuade Mr. Ashengrotto and help let the hundreds of students he made contacts with go'. Frankly, [name] didn't care because they don't know any of the people who made a contract with him.

Ace, Deuce, and Grim could own up to their own mistakes without the demigod's help. Speaking of the three, they were currently complaining about how the twins were working them to the bone.

Only stopping when Jade and Floyd came waking up to their table.

"Is it just my imagination, or is someone looking a bit dour today?" Jade says smoothly.

"Dour? What does dour mean?" [name] mutters under their breath.

"Relentlessly or gloomy in manner or appearance," Jack tells them in a whisper.

The demigod makes an 'o' shape with their mouth and they thank Jack.

"Oh, y'know, we're just coming in terms with being ordered around by a trio of tyrants," Ace says sharply.

"Isn't that cute? The sea anemone that breached its contact is talking!" Floyd says with a smile, but his tone itself isn't happy. "You guys know you're in position to complain. So shut your traps."

"I agree," [name] says off-handedly.

Ace kicks them in the shin for that comment.

"Allow me to clarify: I wasn't speaking to the sea anemones. I was specifically addressing you, [name], prefect of Ramshackle dorm."

The half-blood stares at Jade confused.

"What did I do?"

"Aw, look at you, scurrying backwards like a shrimp afraid of being someone's lunch! And on that note, you're so teeny, I'ma call you 'little shrimpy' from now on!"

[name]'s attention goes to Floyd, scoffing at him.

"Are you insulting me?" They start to stand up, only for Jack to lightly pull them back down.

"I understand that you were playing little spy games with Riddle and others just recently, [name]."

"Is that what's this is about? Look I was only doing that because of the whole spelldrive incidents stuff that was going on!" [name] defends themself. "If you wanted to say something about it, you should've sooner," they cross their arms.

Jade clears his throat, not expecting to get interrupted like that.

"No, it's not about that. I was only saying that because of it, you may already know who we are, but I've always been a stickler for introductions.

I am Jade Leech, and this is my twin brother Floyd." Jade points to himself then his brother.

"Heya. I'm Floyd. Nice to meetcha, little shrimy."
✦✧✦✧
[name] knew they shouldn't be in this situation right now, they should be in Ramshackle fixing something, making dinner, relaxing.