IX

♔𝘙𝘶𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘔𝘦𝘵𝘢𝘭♔

The once nice looking rose maze turned dark and gloomy. The only source of color was playing card symbols.

The collars were off, [name] took a breath of air, relieved. Apparently, this was Trey's signature magic. Paint the Roses. He used it before on the tarts but [name] wasn't paying attention when he did.

Riddle, still ever in character, gets angry when he sees Trey's Magic being able to go against his. This time, something changed. His clothes changed, now red and black, he had a darker aura around him, and most notably, behind him was a monster that looked like the same one from the Dwarf Mines.

[name], who was now feeling better since that collar was off took a step back, grabbing their pole from their belt.

"I'm sorry but what is happening?!" They yell, looking over to Crowley.

"You are fools to defy me! You are not welcome in my world! In my world, I am the law. I am order made manifest! The only response I will accept from you is 'Yes, Housewarden Riddle!' All who defy me will lose their heads!"
✦✧✦✧
Riddle had 'overblotted', or that's what the headmage had told the group. Said headmage was making sure the students got away safely from Riddle.

Ace, Deuce, and Grim looked over at [name], who was standing there silently, but mouthing words to themself.

"You five distract Riddle, I'll take care of the monster," their voice was stern.

"You can't do that, you don't have any magic [name]!" Cater looked at the demigod with wide eyes.

Pressing the button on the pole, it changed into the spear. They twirled it around, before grinning.

"Who said anything about magic?"
✦✧✦✧
Blasts of magic were seen all around Riddle, successfully distracting him.

[name] made their way behind him, aiming the spear directly at the monsters glass head. They were about to aim when a tree hit them right in the stomach.

"Henchhuman!" Grim runs over to them when he saw what happened.

"I'm okay Grim, been through worse," they slowly get up, coughing as they do so.

Looking down at their hand they coughed into, they saw the familiar sight of blood. They wiped it off on their pants, ignoring the pain.

Their eyes become more focused on the target, remembering Clarisse's lessons.

"𝘈𝘪𝘮 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘰𝘳𝘬," 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴.

"𝘐'𝘮 𝘵𝘳𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨..." 𝘩𝘶𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘥 [𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦].

"𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘤𝘢𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩. 𝘛𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘢 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵, 𝘯𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵..."

That lesson was one of the only times an Ares kid was nice to them. They sure weren't about to let her lessons go to waste.

Taking a breath, [name] kept the target in eyesight, then they threw their spear.
✦✧✦✧
[name] didn't exactly know when Riddle woke up, their attention was only on the spear. Broken in half, both parts in each hand.