Beginnings

Hi, this is the prologue, hope you enjoy!

You can read up to chapter 6 on patreon but I won't post chapter 1 until I've finished chapter 10

patreon.com/KalistaBemah16

I tried to love my husband, but I couldn't. I learned that I couldn't a long time ago. He wasn't a person you could love. He worked an office job and made good money but he spent not a dime for me or our son.

I thought that if I had a child with him, he'd give me more affection, but no, he only used me for sex and didn't pay attention to me or his son. He gaslighted me and pretended like everything was okay, that I didn't need anything, or that I was ungrateful and barely did my wifely duties because I went to college and got a degree.

When I was eighteen in labor for ten hours and gave birth alone, I realized that I had made the biggest mistake of my life, but I kept going because I loved my son. When Flynn, my husband saw our boy he was happy, only for a while, and then he lost interest.

In his own son.

You might ask why I married him so early and to that, I sigh. I married him because my mother made me. My dad and older brother died in a car crash when I was seventeen and my mom didn't want to carry the expenses of a child going to college soon. She married me off to the son of a rich family and I had gotten pregnant within the year.

I agreed because I felt I had no choice. It was marriage or the streets. I couldn't be homeless.

I was vulnerable, sad, and confused as to why Flynn didn't seem to speak to me unless we had sex. So even when he took the condom off, I didn't say a word. I let him impregnate me so he could hug me when I cried about my dad and brother, Dallas.

Even though by now, I knew he didn't care.

After I told everyone I was pregnant, guess who also mentioned they were pregnant? My own mother who was forty-six at the time.

My son was a month older than my brother who was technically his uncle. It was weird. So weird and so betraying–I felt–to my father.

But I said nothing. I took care of my son, Giles, and babysat my brother Benni while in college. I had my days where I pleaded for Flynn's help and some days where I felt like a pro with the two boys.

But today, I was twenty-four and Giles was six. We shared the same birthday. But, today, I was leaving Giles with his father to go and party. I don't even think he knows it's our birthday.

After Benni turned five, mom came back to continue motherhood. Of course, she stepped up after Benni was old enough to entertain himself, go to the fridge to get food and go to school.

I made it my goal not to be my mother and ignore my child, so I got Giles a Lego set for his birthday. It was the Lion Knights' Castle for $399.99 and even though it said it was for adults, Giles wanted it so I got it.

He told me he wanted to build things when he grew up and he's exceptional with legos. I was proud of my son and I'd do anything for him–but, right now. It's mommy's time alone.

‧₊˚🖇️✩ ₊˚🎧⊹♡

On the opposite side of life, was my best friend, Charlie. She married young because she was in love with her high school boyfriend, Luke and Luke was in love with her. In fact, I have long paragraphs of Luke proclaiming his love for Charlie to me back in the day.

Charlie and him had a daughter two years before and that's what brought me close to her. We were both teen moms and I was alone. She told me back then that she knew how it felt, but I felt it on a greater level because my husband was a punk-ass whore.

She made me laugh and thus began our friendship.

Charlie has told me every day for the past six years to leave Flynn and I don't...I don't know why. I never had a reason. Flynn never beat me or abused me.

But going to the club today, I was about to find my reason.

Hope you enjoy!