6 | The Yes

Kenziah's POV

I braked my car and got down threw the keys to the security and asked him to park the car and went inside the hospital.

While moving towards the emergency ward, I felt a tremendous grip on my wrist. And before I could say anything someone pulled me to one side. I was about to get angry at the person when his next words stopped me. When he snapped at me, as he said

"It is your job, isn't it, to reach on time to save lives? Then where were you for the last half an hour Miss Walker?"

"19 minutes sir. you called me exactly 19 minutes ago and I told you I will be here in 30 minutes and I am here in the nineteenth minute Mr. Hemsworth." I snapped back.

I freed my hand from his grip, turned back and went towards the emergency ward without saying a word. I could feel his gaze on my back, but I did not turn.

I stopped when Dr. Smith handed me my mask as I continued to walk after wearing it.

My eyes fell on an old woman who was lying on the bed, soaked in blood, breathing heavily. I sighed and started the treatment.

***

"What happened to her?" The annoying voice of my love asked me, as soon as I came out

"She's lost a lot of blood but she'll be fine. nothing measure, but you need to take care of her. She'll probably regain consciousness in 1 or 2 hours. You can't get to see her until then." I said looking at him.

Well, during that damn emergency, I did not pay any attention to him.

He was in casuals with a simple white shirt and trousers, His hair was disheveled and top two buttons of the shirt was undone, which was giving a perfect view of his chest.

Damn he had a perfect body.

That'll be yours in some days My subconscious mind butted in

I stopped myself from blushing at the thought.

"Uh okay then I'll take my leave." I cleared my throat and walked away from him who was debating on saying something.

Maybe thanks or sorry.

I stopped halfway and turned back, his back was towards me.

"No problem " I whispered, stopping just inches away from him and walking away even before he could respond.

***

Arif's POV

"No problem." I heard her say.

I was stunned by her, I mean how come she know that I was debating to say something. And the way she answered 'No problem' can go as answer for sorry and as well as thank you.

I want to thank her for the surgery and want to say for sorry for cornering her earlier today.

But as I turned , found her going in the direction of her cabin.

She amazed me on our first meeting.

If I'll be honest she was indeed a beautiful women. With that doe eye, slim nose and perfect lips. She had a mole on her neck which looks hot on her.