11 | Friends

*Narration*

As soon as Kenziah asked Arif, there was silence in his study.

She had wanted to ask him this for so long. She knew that he was not ready to marry her, but he did. But why did he do this? He would have said no.

He doesn't seem like an arranged marriage type of guy. He can get anyone.

So why? She always thought so and today she wanted to know why he married her.

The question was so simple for Arif yet it was very difficult to answer.

Why did he do this?

Was it his mother?

Yes. Ofcourse.

Then why was it difficult to answer?

Just say mom. He thought before clearing his throat.

"Mom," he murmured,"it was her wish."

While she kept looking at him. She knew this, but one thing she didn't know was why Ella wanted her son to get married so badly.

"Don't feel bad but it was always her." He explained that although he didn't need to, "I wasn't ready to marry just anyone."

A lie.

He was not ready to marry only Kenziah. He wasn't going to tell her this. He doesn't want to hurt her by saying this. But this was the best opportunity to bring up the issue of the contract. So he continued.

"So you better not have any expectations from me. I don't think we can work on this. I will never be your ideal husband."

"What does it mean?" she asked, confused by his words. She didn't know where this was going. She came here for answers but he was confessing something that was tearing her apart.

Even if he was careful with his words, it hurt her. Knowing that she was not his ideal type. That he was forced to marry her.

She already knew this but hearing it from him directly hurt her. But she hide it with a calm face.

"Kenziah I think we can never be a normal couple so just stay as friends." He confessed and she got up from her seat with a sigh, heading towards the threshold when he got up and grabbed her hand from behind and stopped her.

"Hey, just don't walk out on me." He felt anger rising in his system but he controlled himself.

How dare she ignore him like that.

"You say friend?" She looked back at him, "When you didn't respond to my note I sent you this morning."

"Which note?" he asked confused. As far as he knows he had read the note written with the lunchbox.

Then which note was she talking about?

"The same one I sent you with flowers." She pouted and whined like a child.

On the other hand he looked confused. Which flowers was she talking about? When she looked at him with puppy eyes he felt confused, she rolled her eyes at him.