13 | Panic attack

Arif's POV

"You did great." Seb said as we walked out of his conference room.

We got another contract from another company. It was a good idea to bring the same old design back into trend. To know what our older generations were like. I was stressed whether people would like the idea or not, but it went well.

"Whose idea was it?" Sebastian cooed beside me.

Apparently it was my idea but I was wondering what would happen if people said I copied someone else's design. But when I talked to Kenziah about it, she said that before anyone can say that you copied, you have to tell them that you were inspired by them.

And those two things are different, copying and being inspired. She was right, although I wasn't going to design them exactly like the old designs. They will be inspired by old famous and popular fashion. This was good advice.

But I should not have told this to him. When I told him that Kenziah had convinced me to go along with the idea, this punk wouldn't stop his nonsense. To him it was her idea.

"Kenziah" I said and a satisfied smile spread across his lips as we entered the elevator.

"You're leaving already?" I asked, looking at my watch. It was too early to leave.

"No." He pressed the ground floor, "But I am not mannerless like you to not seeing off my friend at the door." He reminded me how I leave him alone in my office.

"Manners my ass, just say you want to see that receptionist yours."

I know he's all hot for his own receptionist, but the girl isn't interested.

"Hot Receptionist." He improved.

"You didn't refuse?"

"She's my type." he said dreamily.

"So there was that PA of yours, and that bartender at that club, and that waitress."

"I am touched you know me so briefly. But she's an exception."

"Whatever you say." We exited the elevator and he walked toward reception while I walked out of the building.

****

"Congratulations." Jayden gave me yellow roses when I walked in my office and I smiled.

She must have sent them. I hadn't even told her about the contract yet and she was already ready to congratulate me.

Very considerate of her.

"I bought them" Jayden broke my thoughts.

Is he lying again? I thought

"I hope you're not lying" I said, placing them in the vase.

Well last time he lied because he thought I would throw away that flowers or think bad or say bad things about Kenziah.

He thinks very badly of me.

This is because you were the one who told him to throw away the food she sent. My conscious reminded me.

Yes, yes. My mistake.

"I am not." He said, "She called you when you were in the meeting but when you did not receive, she called me and told me that she had night shift today and would not come back till morning."

She called?

Hey, I didn't even check my phone in the car. I took out my phone and saw that he had four missed calls.

And a text message.

'I have an emergency today, I won't be back until late. have your dinner. And yes, congratulations. Jayden will be handing you flowers today.'