8 | Baby Face

Arif's POV

Sometimes we don't really understand what is happening to us. We were happy one moment and sad the next moment. We didn't know how and why this happened to us but it happens.

Just like me, a few days ago I was the most eligible bachelor in New york and now married to a baby-faced doctor, who was sleeping with her pillow to her chest, next to me as if her life depended on it.

This whole wedding drama happened so fast. It still feels like yesterday when I said goodbye to Snow. But it's not like it's been more than seven months now and I'm not able to get her out of my mind.

If mom had not met with an accident that day. I would never said yes to this marriage.

Hell! Why did I say yes to this stupid relationship with this hopeless romantic girl?

I knew from day one that this girl was nothing but a hopeless romantic, who believed in fairytale. And she just confirmed that today by cooking for me.

But she is a good person. My conscience said so and I can't deny it.

Undoubtedly she was a good person.

I remembered her meeting with Jayden and the girls today. She was very sweet to him. I like that.

Snow would never have liked to sit where Jayden sat but she made him sit and gave him fruit and asked him to call her Kenzia.

But then everyone has their own preference. And I respect that. She likes people to call her by name and Snow doesn't like that it doesn't mean she was inhuman, it just means it's her choice.

And Kenziah likes that it means it's her choice.

She is also a good cook. A voice l reminded and I had to agree again.

I have never tasted such delicious homemade steak and potatoes.

I can't even remember the last time I had home-made steak and potatoes. Since Snow did not like home-cooked food, I always ate food from outside.

But just because she cooked them well and treated my staff well, I can't ignore the fact that she was the main reason for my heartbreak.

If it weren't for her, Snow would still be with me. Maybe we werr engaged and happy with each other. It was all because of her.

She was the reason and here I am sharing my bed with her. She needs to get out of my room as soon as possible. I shouldn't sleep with her.

An unknown kind of anger passed through my chest and I looked at Kenziah. All ready to wake her up and throw her out of my room.

But when I turned around, I saw her closely. She was fast asleep, her lips parted and a few strands of her hair bothering her eyes. She looked very calm and delicate at that time. I couldn't bring myself to wake her up.

My earlier anger evaporated like water on fire and I wanted nothing more than to bridge the distance between us and cuddle with her.

I had never felt this kind of emotion before. She makes me feel so many emotions at one time. One moment I was angry, but one look at her face and it turned into adoration and I don't know what to stop at.

But I was sure that I couldn't just sleep here. I have to get out of here.

I got up and slowly walked out of the room.

I came into the other bedroom and fell on the bed. And for the first time in two years, I wasn't thinking about Snow, but about a certain babyface doctor.

-------

I woke little too early I guess, since it was still dark outside.

I got up and made my way towards my gym anyway. A good exercise early in the morning what more I can ask for.

Snow. that part of me whispered and I stilled.

Ofcourse that part of me was still devoted to her. who longs for her and wishes for her to come back or for me to find something that will help me to found her.

If Sebastin would have been successful to find her whereabouts, She would have been with me now. But he wasn't able to find her then it will be hard for anyone else. Since he was the best in country. And if he couldn't fine her I dont think anybody else can.

But I can't stop finding her. I never stopped actually. I've tried to track her brothers number when he called me before moving out of here but he just rang me call from std. I did every possible thing but to no avail.

But even then I just can't stop not when I knew she still loves me. Not when
She was emotionally blackmailed to leave me. I sh---

CRASH

Chain of my thoughts broke when I heard a shuffling sound from my room.

Who was in there?

Did someone broke in?

I subspeciesly moved toward my room and pushed my door open to see a certain babyface doctor wondering around in hurry. Her hair was pulled back in a ponytail and her phone was clutched between her ear and shoulder. As she was finding something on the dresser.

Ahh!! Yeah I was married to her.

Two days ago.

How can I forget this?

I shook my head and looked at her again. She was still looking for something. I was about to leave from there when she turned around. May be she found what she was looking for.

She dialed someone's number again and frowned. Maybe that someone wasn't picking up as she tried again and went in the bathroom. She came just in matter of seconds. Now she wore her jacket with the scarf around her neck.

"Oh Good Morning" she looked at me through her now covered by specs eyes.

Was she heading somewhere? I looked in at the clock hanging in my room.

It was 5:15.

Its so early.

Where is she going this early?

Anyway its not my damn business. She can go wherever she want.

"I was about to came to you" She continued when I didn't replied.

about to came to me?

Why?

"I am heading to the hospital its an emergency"

Ohh yes she is a doctor.

Ofcourse.

"My car is not here can I use yours, I called Kay but he isn't picking and it's urgent otherwise I would have used public transport. If you don't mind can I?"

"The keys are in left drawer." I said when she finished rambling.

God this girl talks to much.

I exited the room with a sigh when she went for the keys.

Damn, this are gonna be longest 9 months.

*********
Since the chapter was so short.
Next update tomorrow

HAPPY BIRTHDAY J-Hope