★ 10 ★

I felt my heart implode with several hundred undescribable emotions as soon as I made that step out of the gym's back doors. The sight I beheld left me practically speechless.

Seeing Kenny all snuggled up in Craig's arms like that was bad enough, but it didn't help that they were sharing a fucking blunt either.

"Kenny!" I yelled, not willing to watch this shitshow go on any longer. "What the hell are you doing? Stan's been looking for you all night, and you're out here getting high with Craig fucking Tucker? I thought you were done with the drugs, dude!"

Kenny just rolled his eyes and lazily shrugged his shoulders, obviously too stoned to properly respond. I groaned.

"Kyle, loosen up a bit, man. Stan wasn't a serious thing for Ken, you know that. You need a puff, man."

Now I was really getting fired up.
"Craig, are you fucking JOKING right now? It was serious for STAN! KENNY SHOULD CARE, NOT BECAUSE THEY WERE FUCKING, BUT BECAUSE THEY WERE FRIENDS!" I swung a heavy-handed fist in Kenny's direction, knocking him straight in the jawline and pushing him out of Craig's arms.
"And YOU, CRAIG! TWEEK WAS IN THERE HAVING AN ATTACK! HE NEEDED YOU, ASSFACE! IF YOU CAN'T LOVE TWEEK SERIOUSLY, CAN YOU AT LEAST BE THERE FOR HIM? AS A FRIEND, AT LEAST!!"
This time I swung in Craigs direction, my fist landing in his gut, forcing him to drop the blunt on the sidewalk as he gained his composure.
I stood back, chest heaving in and out as I caught my breath, eyes wild with anger and stinging with tears.
However, I simply could not catch a break.
"Oh, please, Kyle," A familiar voice said, coming from behind, gaining volume as it came closer. "And you're so much better."
I turned, and felt a short lived surge of joy in my chest.
Eric.
I ran for him, ever so relieved to see his face.
"Don't fucking think about touching me. Not after you held another boy ever-so-lovingly in those arms of yours."
My heart sank to a deep, dark place. I was confused and scared, and my face clearly showed it.
"Yeah, Kyle. Don't think I didn't see you earlier, hugging Tweek like he was your lover."
"No, no, no Eric. That wasn't it at all, it wasn't even romantic, you're the only one I have eyes for!" I frantically spit out in a vain attempt to calm his obviously rising temper.
"NO, KYLE, IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER! WHO CARES IF IT WASN'T ROMANTIC, YOU TREATED SOMEONE ELSE LIKE YOU DO ME! I'M YOUR FUCKING BOYFRIEND, KYLE! I'M SUPPOSED TO BE SPECIAL, ASSHOLE!"
I didn't know what to say.
"E-eric, you're overreacting!"
"NO, GOD, NO I'M NOT!" He screamed, coming closer and closer to my face before he took a few steps back and turned around. "MISERY JUST LOVES ME, DOESN'T IT?"
"Eric, pleeeease don't go. Can we at least talk about this? I'm so confused..."
Although he was walking away, he responded, in a much lower voice this time.
"Of course you don't understand," Eric let out a deep breath. "You're just another stupid jew, aren't you?"

My body went limp as I heard him say those words- to hear him call me that name again... it hurt. Every inch of my body ached. It was like reliving my entire elementary school experience with him all over again, but in seconds instead of years.
That was it.
Nothing lasts forever.
Not even love.

-

I remember lying on the cold cement as he walked away, hearing Craig and Kenny whisper behind me until they left as well, and then I really was alone.

My legs were still limp, but I had no way of getting home now other than having them carry me there, so I walked. It was not the same beautiful evening that it had been when Cartman had picked me up. It was hot and muggy, a sign of the fact that summer was on its way. School would be over in three days.

When I got home, I couldn't think to do anything but to go the fuck to bed. Of course, everyone else was already asleep. I checked my phone, tempted to set up a skype call with Eric. Damn,
I really just wanted to smooth things over. Badly.
I knew that would just make things worse, so I sent a greatly detailed message to Stan about every last thing that had happened that evening.
He read it, started to type, and never responded.
I turned my cell phone off and rolled over. A snap had caught me off guard, and I realized that it was the flower crown I had received from Cartman earlier that evening.
He hadn't been wearing it during the fight.
I sighed, clutching it to my chest, taking in the silence that filled the bedroom air, my own uneven breaths, and the feeling of complete loneliness that settled in my heart.
Misery loves me too, Cartman.