Such A Hectic Day

Third person's POV

(Alarm Rings) A man woke up at 5 AM and turned off the alarm. He went to washroom then changed his clothes into track suit. He never skips his jogging.
After running for 10 Kms, he came back after 1 hour 10 minutes. He did his routine business then went to kitchen.

Avan's POV

Since 10 years I'm living separately from my parents. No, we don't have any issues between us, it's just that they are farmers and they can't leave their farms just for my dreams and I don't want that either. They are not much literate but they made sure to provide me good education, even sent me here, which is also a village but it has college that my village don't. When I came here, I had to survive by having college canteen food which was like you'll have to find vegetables in water. So after struggling for few years, I finally learnt cooking from my mother. She's a great cook.

Because of my IQ, I got a call from a well known university, which is in the city but I'm kind of attached to this city now and I want to do something for it. So here I am, packing my tiffin. Today I made Aloo Paratha because my friend Rajeev was insisting me to bring it because I make worlds best aloo parathas (his words, not mine).

I teach Maths to 10th, 11th and 12th. Teaching is an underrated profession but is really difficult and important task because a student's whole career is in your hand. Today is monthly test of 12th class. Without conducting it, I can tell who's gonna score highest, Ajay. His parents are teachers in this school. They are very strict and make sure that he study everything.

As soon as I entered in class, they stopped talking and stood up to great me. Even though I don't care about greetings but they're in school so they don't need to know this. After I wrote test questions on board, I took a quick glance at all the students. Everybody is present. Good.
After collecting all the test copies with the help of avinash, I went to staff room to keep them. I randomly call any student for help but avoild few female students as I know about their crush on me and I don't want to give them any false hope.
During lunch time, Rajeev as always, appreciated my cooking skills and joked about how much he's gonna miss my food after I get married.

***
I checked all the test copies of 12th class and result was as expected, Ajay scored highest as expected whereas Jaya got full moon this time. I'm not the one who keeps punishing students for scoring low. I don't tolerate disobedience and disrespect, otherwise I think I'm really a good teacher. I feel punishment makes one obstinate and after some time no punishment affects them. So, I choose to talk to them one on one to know why they are the way they are and trust me, it really helps to know their difficulties rather than humiliating them in front of 50 and crumble their self respect.

Not just Jaya, Rahul, Ajit and Priya also scored below 3½, which was passing marks out of 10.

As always, I called them to know the reason behind their low score. Got to know that Jaya's grandfather died few days back and she was quite attached to him, so she was unable to concentrate to study, plus people keep visiting her house daily makes it impossible to get an atmosphere to study, I understand. Rahul was on leave for 15 days because he got chicken pox and Ajit got 3 because he didn't check which test was today, he was assuming it is english. See? If I'd have humiliated them in class, they would've hate me but now I asked them to score good in next test and they assured me and i believe they will. Then I moved to Priya and asked her same and she said she doesn't understand Maths. I told her to ask questions if she don't understand something and warned her that I'll not tolerate such marks next time.

***
Such a hectic day it was. I woke up early and excercise but it refreshes me. What makes me tired is preparing lunch and continuously ask students to stop talking. This drains my energy.
Oh Ma is calling on telephone. I never share about my hectic schedule to her because her reply is always the same "isliye kehti hoon shadi karle, kab tak akelepan me jeeyega?"
(That's why I ask you to marry. How long are you gonna live in loneliness?)
And I always reply "maaaa not again pleaseee"

Hello ma..(did you had dinner?) yes I had dinner..(how are you beta)I'm good how are you and baba?( We are also good by the way I forgot to inform you, Chinmayi got engaged today) What? Chinmayi got engaged, what is the marriage date? (Her fiance is going to Bahrain as he got a job there, so he'll go and settle first then come back by the end of this year to marry Chinmayi and take her with him. He even asked her to apply for passport.) That's good ma. I'm so happy for her. (Please give us chance to say the same for you) maaaa..I'm keeping the phone now.

Chinmayi is my first cousin, she's 18 year old and now she's gonna marry. That means, she'll not attend college. I always change topic when ma brings about my marriage but one thing is for sure, I'm gonna make sure that my wife is atleast a graduate if not independent. I know it's weird when everyone wishes to get a housewife, I wish to get an independent one but what can I do? I'm a teacher and always wants the women of our society to match the footsteps with men. And I want to bring the change and I'll surely do.

*****
Hey Everyone! How was the chapter? Avan is a simple middle class guy just like everyone of us. I will introduce our heroine in the next chapter. Stay tuned and Vote Now!