Where Is Daughter In Law?

Thank you everyone for voting and commenting. I read each and every comment of yours and try to reply as much as I can. Your votes and comments just bring smile on my face.
Also, I want to mention a reader, gchahat. Girl I literally enjoyed reading all your comments in all the chapters. Keeping doing that. So this chapter is dedicated to you♡

In this chapter you will read Anav's POV only.

■■■■■■■

I sat in bus with the thoughts of Dharini. I wanted to spend some time alone with her to know about her more and this was the chance. Anyways, what can we do? I sat in private bus on window seat. Thankfully, bus is not crowded. As bus starts moving, I'm feeling drowsy. Side effects of waking of early. A nap won't harm anyone I guess.
.
.
.
"Samyak village Samyak village Samyak village. The bus will hault for five minutes here" conducter announced.

Conductor's announcement woke me up and I realized that I reached. Bus is still moving, going to bus stand. I quickly took my bag from luggage rack above and stood in line behind people who all are waiting for bus to stop so that they can get off here.

After getting off, first thing I saw is horse carts waiting to get passengers. Then I saw my father on his scooter and talking to someone. I guess, he didn't realize that I arrived.

"Baba" I called him.

"Are Aanu, aa gaya beta" (oh Aanu, you came son)

"Yes baba" I bent down to touch his feet for blessings

He instantly put his right hand on my head.

"Namaste Uncle" I greeted the man whom my father is talking to.

" Namaste...Namaste Aanu, bada ho gaya, pehchana mujhe?" The uncle, whom papa was talking to asked.

(Hello...hello Aanu, you grew up, did you recognize me?)

"Um uhh..." I can't recall him.

"He is my childhood best friend Surendra, we friends call him Surri. Remember I told you about him?" Baba asked.

"Yes yes I remember, you used to tell me stories and how you and surri uncle used to climb on your neighbor's mango tree and steal mangoes. I didn't know he is that Surri uncle" I felt so happy meeting baba's childhood best friend.

"Yes I'm that surri uncle son, and I met you before, when you were around 6-7 years old. You used to roam around in underwear and sando." He laughed

Ok now I'm embarrassed and glad that Dharini didn't came.

Then he left, not before giving his goodbyes.

I sat behind baba on scooter.

Baba started scooter. The ride is silent until baba spoke..

"How is Dharini son? Your ma told me that she is not well" baba asked

"Yes baba, she has fever"

After a pause, he said

"I hope you are liking her now.." he laughed a little then continued

"..You know Aanu, I like her a lot. I'm sure she will fit in our family perfectly."

"I hope so too baba"

"So tell me, are you happy now?"

"Um..yes baba, I think I like her now" I replied honestly.

I didn't realize when time passed and we reached.

As soon as I got off, I noticed, the home didn't change at all. Same calmness and lush green surrounded our home.
Dadi came out and gave roti to cow and then noticed me