I Can't Do This

I'm noticing views are more but hardly 7-8 people bothers to vote. Now my target is atleast 30 votes before I publish new chapter. Can't I expect this from my readers?

Also, this chapter is dedicated to spanny_g, who eagerly waited for update. Thankyou bestie for voting and commenting. It means a lot. Keep voting and commenting

■■■■■

Avan's POV

Great..just great! What an ugly joke is this. She's still in school and on top of that she's My Student. How am I supposed to marry my student? Does ma not know that? My students are like kids to me. I angrily glanced at ma and she knew she messed it up. I thought Dharini knew this but still agreed (as if they've asked her opinion, my conscience mocked), but looking at her, I can say, she is shocked as well. Now I now why her sister gave me that look, she knows that I'm teacher at their school, though I don't teach her.
I whispered to ma CALMLY
"She is my student" and her mother heard.

No.. everyone heard!

"Great thing, they already know each other" the other lady said.

While they seemed happy with this revelation, my mother grew tense. She knew I want to marry an educated, independent woman and not a 12th student and that too happened to be my student. She already know I won't be ready. She know my answer.

Dharini's POV

I froze as soon as I lifted my eyes. But my mother is behind me, so she nudge me to keep my eyes lowered again. She said it is considered as disrespect to look elders in their eyes. Oh sunken ship! He is Mishra sir. Oh My God, no no I can't marry him. I hate maths and if I marry him he'll teach me maths lifetime. I remembered his mother asking me to take a seat between her and other lady, so I sat nervously. The other lady asked "what you do?"

I'm so nervous, please someone talk on my behalf. I guess no one is going to help me.

Then...

Suddenly I heard sir tell his mother that I'm his student, I guess it was supposed to be a whisper but everyone heard it.

Nalini Masi interrupted,
"Great thing, they already know each other" no masi.. not a great thing.

Then his father asked what skills do I possess to which I copy pasted same dialogue that I gave to that Golu's mother. I was expecting same reaction but it was just opposite.

"Yes, we've seen your artworks on these walls, you are quite talented Dharini. We would love it if you cover all of Avan's boring house walls with them." It instantly brought redness on my face, followed by a smile. Then the other lady said...

"Let both of them talk to each other in private"

My nervousness grew. Papa said,

"Rini, take Avan ji with you" I stood up and started walking towards stairs. I hope he's following me.

Yes he is.

We went to terrace. What? I'll not just take anyone in my room. It's my most comforting place.

I said "please sit.. sir"

He sat without saying anything.

Are you ignoring his staring? My conscience said. Oh stop that bleach.

Then after a long silence, he asked

"Did you knew about this?" while gesturing between us by his fingers

"N..no sir"

He sighed

"Look Dharini, I don't think we're a good match, I always saw you as my student. Hell (he muttered under his breath) YOU ARE my student. I can't do this." Saying this he stood up and started walking back, followed by me.