My Queen

Anav's POV Continue

■■■

"Okay. So tell me more... how things are going between you two?" Didi asked.

"Leave all this didi, you tell me.." she cut me off

"Uh huh Aanu, don't change the topic. Tell me na, how you feel about her?"

"Okay.. um we are....or you can say I am taking slow steps in our relationship. She is very young.."

"Hmm" she replied in mid.

"...so she naive. Sometimes I even think that am I doing wrong to her by marrying her? But then I remember that baba and ma also have age gap and they are so in love and we never ever felt that they have any differences. But she is just 18, plus she is my student, so there are some unsaid boundaries between us that I don't dare to cross before our marriage and I don't want to. You know di, she is very much introvert that I hardly see her talking to any of her classmates. She doesn't have friends either. I see loneliness in her eyes, sometimes in class, I feel like going to her and sit beside her to talk but... I can't because of the fragility of our relationship as she is also my student. You know, she used to get nervous around me, she still do..sometimes so much that she starts to stutter, but I am just giving her time to get comfortable around me. She still calls me 'Mishra Sir' even when we are alone"

I chuckled then continued with a sigh

"I'm 27 and still wrapping up my mind around that in few months I will have to share my life with someone, then how much it would be bothering her that in the age when girls should start to go college, she will leave her home, her surname, her bed, her room and many other things permanently. She is still not mature enough. Didi, I still don't get sleep easily if my bed changes, and that girl, that girl who is still in her teens will leave everything behind, for me." I feel this is unfair to women.

"Every girl has to go through this Aanu, they leave their comfort, their immaturity, their tantrums, their stubbornness behind which they used to have where they were born and raised, to adjust between new people.
Aur apne sath ye chinta le ke jaati hai ke jahan wo ja rahi hai wo use dil se pariwar me apnayenge ya nahi

(And she carries with her the worry that where she is going, will they accept her wholeheartedly in their family or not?)

But what a woman can do? Samaj ki reet hi hai aisi."
(Such is the way of society) She finished saying and I can see the moisture in her eyes.

"I know I can't change this but I will make sure to make my house a home for her where she will feel most comfortable, where she can be immature, show her tantrums and stubbornness. I will try my best to provide her with everything I can"
I'm feeling so overwhelmed.

"You know aanu, girls are princess of their fathers, and they always try to see their father in their life partner, because for them, their father is an ideal man or you can say the only man whom they are closest to till marriage" She said and I couldn't agree more.

"Then I will make sure to treat her well" I finished saying

"Pyaar ho gaya hai mere bhai ko"
(My brother is in love) she teased to lighten the mood and chuckled a little.

I smiled "pyaar to abhi nahi hua par ha ab bohot pasand hai wo"
(I'm not in love with her yet but now I like her a lot)

We talked for few minutes more then she left to make powder milk for Sanath.

What didi said is true. I have seen that Vishakha didi was and is still apple of baba's eyes. I remember, after 6 months of her marriage, she had some argument with Jijaji and she came back with a bag and said she will not go back. That time they used to live in same village where ma baba lives. Jijaji came next day to take her back but she refused to go with him. And you know what baba said?
"Chhod use, meri beti se jhagda karta hai"( leave him, he fights with my daughter) he was not serious though but he knew didi wanted some sympathy. But then didi took side of jijaji and said that she was at fault not jijaji, but still he was so good to her that's why she came here because she was feeling guilty. Then mumma intervened and told her that little arguments are normal and they should sort it out on their own and not involve parents.
That time I didn't understood the depth of what ma said but now I do.