Princess Rini

Third Person's POV

At 7:45, Mrs. Sharma realized that one of both of her dearest princesses is still in her dreams while her mates must be about to reach school. She went to the room to wake her up while her younger daughter is already up like daily.

****
Dharini's POV

"Riniiii wake up now, drishti is ready for school" mumma yelled. "Yes mumma just 5 minutes" I replied.
"Wake up now or I'm pouring water on you" I instantly screamed "no mumma, I woke up"
"Oh God, this girl is so lazy, her mother in law will say 'you sent such a lazy girl to our house' saying this she went out of the room while mumbling some other appreciative words. I quickly went to washroom to do my business and quickly got ready for school. Today is my monthly test of Maths. I don't like this subject because I don't understand anything at all. I somehow manage to get 4-5 numbers and barely pass in exam. I'm introvert and too shy to ask anyone for help which is not helping to improve my marks. I don't have any real friend because people think I have attitude problem but the truth is I'm very reserved person and take time to open up to someone and they are good in assuming so I'm just a lonely girl. I never had any relationship not that any guy approached me ever.
Keeping the thoughts aside, I put tiffin and bottle in my bag, tied my shoes, took a pickle and 2 paratha's roll from mumma and left home while eating it. My school is 1km from home so I always walk to my school. My some classmates come by cycle and some on their father's scooter. My father also have scooter, he recently purchased it when his Rabi crop was good and sold at good price, but he only takes us to market on his scooter, not that I'm complaining. He is such a good father a girl can ask for. He never raise his voice on me and drishti. He say we are him most important capital. His dream is to see us happy and satisfied with our lives.

We reached school and separated our ways. I went to my classroom, kept my bag there and went to assembly ground for prayer. After prayer, I went to my class with other classmates. Soon after, our class teacher Manish sir arrived and took attendance. He teach Hindi to us, and he is quite strict he always treat us like we are bunch of idlis that's why no student likes him except Ajit. Second subject is of Pathak Sir, he teach us physics and he is also strict but approachable teacher. He hates untidyness and randomly takes class tests so we kind of like and dislike him depends on his mood. Third class is is one Avinash Sir, he teach us chemistry. I love this subject. Many students find it quite difficult but not in my case my only enemy is maths. This monthly test, I score 8¾ in chemistry. Lunch bell rang and everyone ran out of class, some to go to washroom, some took their tiffin to eat in garden and some went out to buy samosa from stall outside school. And me? Like always sat on my bench, opened my tiffin and started eating. There are 3-4 students like me in class but we like to mind our own business. Mummy gave parathas and cauliflower vegetable. I quickly finished my lunch, as soon as I washed my hands, bell rang.

It's time for my enemy, Maths! Avan sir arrived, we greeted him and he gestured us to sit without looking at us. I can bet he doesn't like us to greet him in poem like manner but obviously he's teacher he can't say that. Anyways, he wrote auestions on board. Oh shell, I don't know how to solve first question, noo 2nd's as well. I know how to solve 3rd and 4th. I know 5th as well yeyyy. But as soon as I start solving 5th, I realized I know half of the process and unable to bring the answer. I'm doomed. Bell rang we submitted our test copies.
Last period is of English, which is taught by Rajeev sir. He comes to class on time, teach, ask questions and leave on time. He is the most friendly teacher of our class.

After the bell rang I came out of my class and wait near gate for drishti. Unlike me, she has many friends all real ones. Once, her friend's brand new bag was ruined by drishti because by mistake she jerked ink pen on her bag, but her friend never yelled at her. There she is..

As soon as we came home, silence welcomed us.."mumma" I screamed.
"Go both of you fresh up and come eat fruits"
"Ok mumma" we said in unison

We came out and saw papa is at home as well.

"Are waah papa, today you came back early" said drishti

"Yes beta"

Something is wrong

After sometime papa said

"Drishti, go and study now"
She went. Now I'm sure something is cooking.
"Rini, come here" papa said softly.
"Yes papa"
"Are you by any chance, friends with Jharna?"
"No papa, I know her but she's not my friend, I don't like her"
"Ok beta"
"Papa, since few months, I noticed you keep asking me about random girls"

Mumma suddenly got up and went to kitchen. Weird.

"Beta, all those girls hung their parent's head in shame. They are involved with boys. Ritu and deepti about whom I asked few months back, ran away, Sakshi got pregnant."
"But she's not married na papa" "exactly and today I went to that old temple and saw Jharna with a boy"

Then mumma came and shot an arrow "Let's get Rini married soon, all the girls are of her age and if anybody know about it or if such cases increased, we'll have difficulty in finding a suitable groom for her."

I was speechless. I don't know how to react. Neither I can say yes nor can say no. I looked at papa helplessly.

"We'll get her married but after 12th. First my daughter will complete her 12th and then we'll look for prospects" papa replied which relaxed me but then mumma shot another arrow "we can atleast start finding groom for her, get her engaged and request them to postpone her marriage till she complete her 12th"

"Let's see" papa said. Oh no, what to do now?

***
Please note that this story is set in the 90's background where relationships before marriage is really as big thing. And marrying their daughters as soon as they turn 18 was no big deal. Even in some places, it happens till now.