Blushing Mess

Thanks for making my day by voting and commenting❤

■■■■■

"Jiji" drishti called me

"Girl..lower your pitch, you'll make me deaf"

"Oh.. sorry jiji. I was telling you that mumma papa and me are going to ketaki masi and keshav masaji's anniversary party and we'll return at night because they live in another village."

"I know, mumma already told me that as I recently got engaged so I should not go out as it may cause evil eye on me"

"Arre my innocent jiji, I meant you have jijaji's number, call him" she said as if it's my bestfriend's number she is talkkng about.

"Nooo, what will he think of me?"

"What? That his would be wife wants to talk to him"

"I can't"

"That's on you but let me tell you jiji, you won't get this opportunity everyday. And no one is going to hear you"

"You go, I'm not calling him"

"As you wish jiji" she shrugged and went away.

Then ma came

"Rini, beta, you will be staying alone whole day, no matter who comes, don't open the door for anybody. Not everyone has good intentions." She said while caressing my hair.

"Ok mumma"

"My lovely daughter" she kissed my forehead and left.

Soon three of them left, not before giving me instructions to keep the doors and windows closed. Check stove twice when I turn it off if I use it. Keep light switches off if I'm not using that space and what not.

Now I'm alone, sitting on my bed, holding a pieace of paper, not just a paper but it has Mishra Sir's number on it, given by himself. Girls of my class will trade their VCR with sir's number. But no way I'm going to give it away.

Should I call him or not? What will he think of me? But he gave me his number so that I can call him. What if he is busy? What if anybody else pick it? No he lives alone. But what if he is with Rajeev Sir? They seems quite close. Urgh..ok so I'll call him and wait for him to speak, if someone else answered the call, I'll cut it. Hm this sounds like a good idea.

I carefully picked the receiver and dialled his number. First ring...second ring..third ring...fourth ri..

"hello" sir answered. I released a breath but soon realized that it was too loud.

"Dharini?" He asked

"He..hello sir, h..how did you know it was me?"

"I just knew it" I can feel he's smiling

"O..ok. are you b..busy?"

"No..I was bathing actually, when I came out, I heard telephone rings."

"O..ok"

"Dharini why do you keep stuttering when you talk to me? Am I look too intimidating to you?"

"N..no sir"

"They why? Huh leave it. Why did you called?" he calmly asked.

"Huh?"

"Why did you called me?" He asked again

"Uh..um actually I'm a..alone today and today you are also not b..busy. so you can teach me e..early"

"So you are asking me to spend my whole day with you?"

"No sir.."

"Well I don't mind"

"B..but mumma told me n..not to let a..any..one inside"