Beautiful, She is

It took me so much time to edit this chapter. And after editing, it was unable to publish. I do so much for whom? For you guys. Can't you even vote? Am I asking too much? Dissapointed by less number of votes when having 200+ views in chapters.

Thank you everyone who voted and commented ❤

■■■■

Dharini's POV

Days are going so fast. Today is Saturday and my engagement is on Tuesday. Ma told me that I'll wear her saree that she wore on her cousin's son's marriage. It's a very beautiful saree. But blouse is not of my size, so mumma is sewing it so that it can properly fit me. Me and Sir will get engaged as of now, as sir told it is my 12th and I can afford no distractions. Also, he wants me to focus on my studies only, and if we get married, I will not be able to study for few days because of long wedding functions.

Till now, nobody except Rajeev sir know about us getting engaged. I don't know how people will react. How girls of my class will react when they find out that their crush is not single anymore and the reason is me?

Mishra sir's mother called today and told us that that only few people will attend my engagement as not everyone will be able to come on such a short notice. She even told mumma that not to worry about anything. She asked what color of saree am I wearing, I don't know why. She seems to be a nice lady. I like her already.

***

Sunday and Monday went in blur because of preparation. Today is my engagement but I didn't go to school yesterday too.
Our neighbor aunty has her own parlour so mumma asked her to get me ready for the event. This is happening with me for the first time. I never got ready like this. I can't even recognize myself in makeup. How will he react? Will he like it? I quickly stood and went near door frame "papa" I screamed from top of my lungs

"Yes Rini?" "Papa come here" He is my best critic.
Actually, he always praises me and says that I am always beautiful, no matter what I wear but when I look really bad, he simply tells me to change my clothes or hairstyle.

"What happened Rini? You know na I am b.." he stopped mid sentence when he saw me

" he stopped mid sentence when he saw me

My daughter is looking beautiful than Miss India Namratra"

"Papa her name is Namrata" Drishu corrected.

"Yes yes that one" he said.

"Let me bring my camera" he said and quickly went to his room, opened the drawer of his almirah and brought his camera to click my photo.

"Jiji you are looking very beautiful" "thank you Drishu" I replied.

(Doorbell rang)

"Drishu take Rini inside, they came" papa said