Mumma's Boy Golu

Hey readers, before reading this chapter, remember that this is set in 90's era where woman were supposed to stay mute in front of others and behave in a certain way.
Don't hate her mother, she just wants best for her daughter and don't want others to question her daughter's upbringing.

Also, don't hate me for this chapter and please vote. Ok bye.

*****

Avan's POV

So here I am sitting with my parents trying to convince them that I'm not going to marry Yashasvi. She's the granddaughter of my grandmother's cousin. She's educated and teaching that's why my parents are forcing me to marry her because I told them about my preference. But not her! She's a good girl but our vibes don't match. She's just not for me. They are trying to convince me by saying that "shadi ke baad sab accha lagne lagega" ( You'll like everything after marriage) but noo I don't feel like she's the one for me. I agree that I want an educated wife but it doesn't mean it's the only thing that matters! I want someone who feels home, just by seeing her, my heart say I need her in my life.

(Telephone rings)

I was the only one at home so I picked the call "Hello?" A female voice said
"Yes" I replied. A..am..am I talking to Avan ji? She asked. Yes, who am I talking to? I asked. I..I'm Ya..yashasvi.

Oh we were just talking about my alliance with her and she already called me. Is she desperate for this or what?

"Hello Yashasvi" I said
"Uh..um can I take few minutes of yours? I want to talk to you. It's important" she said in one go. I can hear her rapid inhale and exhale.

"Yes, say"

"Can you please reject me? I'm in love with someone else" she said. Quite straightforward.

"Do your parents know?" I asked

"No but I'm afraid to tell them"

"Do you think it is feasible for me to reject you? As my parents are also pressuring me to get married." I replied

"Please Avan ji, only you can do this because you know girl's opinion doesn't matter in our society" she said

That's what I want to change. I mumbled to myself

"Did you say something?"

"No..um..I'll see what I can do" I said

"Ok..thank you so much"

Dharini's POV

Today is saturday and a boy is coming to see me with his family. My masi brought the alliance. Currently my mother is draping my saree as I don't know how to wear it. Then I'm supposed to fry samosas which is already made by mumma, and bring that to living room where the boy and his family would be sitting in half hour. If you ask me about the boy, he's fair than me, not well built, also his lips are dark, he must be a smoker. How do I know? The vegetable seller that sell us vegetables, smokes everytime and his lips are very dark. There's only nervousness and not excitement because I was not ready for alliance this soon. To be honest, I didn't like him already. Let's see what happens.
The boy came with his family. I can hear from kitchen that his mother is praising him a lot. By a lot, I mean A LOT. I feel she's exaggerating. Which employee's ex boss would cry if he resigned and request him to stay because 'he is one of a kind' and 'the company needs him'

"Bring Rini" papa said to mumma.

Mumma came and took me to my room again for final touchup.
While coming out, my mumma whispered, don't look in their eyes directly, don't laugh, don't talk much and answer only what they ask.