05

RYLIE

It's the morning after the party and I'm not hungover. Actually, I barely drank.

So I do my daily routine in the morning and get ready for school.

Who the hell throws a party on a school night?

Oh right, Dylan's brother does.

I leave my house in a dark blue crewneck, black jeans, and my converse.

"Pick up Ruby after school!" My mother shouts from the kitchen as I open the front door. I give him a thumbs up and close the door.

I go to my black Lexus and open the driver's door. I get in and start the car, put my backpack on the passenger side and connect my Bluetooth.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm at my locker gathering my things during first period when I hear a male voice behind me.

"Hey, Rylie," I spin around and see Dylan standing there with a warm smile.

"Oh, hey," I reply, turning around to close my locker.

"Have any creepy guys approached you lately?" He ask me. Nobody except you.

Just kidding.

I turn to face him and laugh at his question, "No, not yet."

A second later I hear another male voice behind us, except it's on the other side of the hallway.

"Dylan! What are you doing, man? Come over here." he screams. Dylan and I turn around and see Grayson and Aaron, both telling me to go there. Dylan scoffs.

"I have to go. See you later, Ry!" He calls as he walks away.

My eyes stay on Dylan as he walks away, but then they go to Aaron and Grayson. They both look at me. I roll my eyes and start walking to my first class.

What the hell did I ever do to them?

I brush it off and continue my way to my class.

"Hey," Kasey says, looking away from her phone for a second as I walk to my seat next to her.

"Dude, Grayson and Aaron are fucking bitches." I tell Kasey, not even responding to her greeting. Kasey's eyes widen as she turns off her phone and turns her head to give me her full attention.

"How? Well, yeah, I know they're the b-word, but what did they do?" She asks as she raises her eyebrows.

"So basically I was just like walking to my locker and then Dylan came up to me while I was at my locker and was like, 'Hey, blah, blah, blah.' Then suddenly Grayson and Aaron are like," I pause for a second to get into my voice. brother.

"They're like, 'Dylan, man! Come here.' or something like that. " I pause, "And Dylan said, 'Okay, bye, see you later,' and as he walked toward the guys, Aaron and Grayson gave me the ugliest looks ever."

"They're always like that. They always fight, but they also always make sure the other one is okay. Like brothers." Kasey explains, eyes glued to mine as I sit in my chair.

"But why do they act like they want to kill me?"

Kasey tilts her head, "Jesus women, didn't you listen to a single dang thing I said?"

I try to hold back a smile, but it spreads across my face and I start laughing. Kasey stares at me for a second before copying my actions.

Then, the bell rings.