12

RYLIE 

It's half time, or intermission, as they call it. And Kasey and I are walking to get hot chocolate.

"So which team is better? The Cubs or the Wolves?" I ask when we reach the end of the line.

"Wolves, for sure." Kasey responds as she looks back to see both teams in a group, probably explaining her strategy.

"Damn." I'm mumbling.

Right now, the Wolves are winning. They have scored three goals and the Cubs have scored one. The goalies on Wolves are or whatever they are called, continued to block all of Cubs shots.

"What time do these usually end?" I ask again. i had never been to a hockey game before. As you can probably see. "Uh, they usually last an hour or an hour and a half."

"Oh, okay."

"What should we do after this?" Kasey asks me.

"I don't know, maybe we'll go back to my house and watch a movie until we fall asleep."

Kasey squeals, "Can we make masks? And like paint our nails?"

He looked at her and smiled. "Yes, of course."

She jumps up and down, "Yes!" Then she stops and looks down, "Sorry, I don't have a sister at all, just brothers, I've never had a girls' night out."

She laughed at me, "Hey! It'll be the first!"

But before she can respond, we are ready to order our hot chocolates.

"Two hot chocolates, please." Kasey says as she pulls out a crumbled five dollar bill.

The old man nods as he slowly walks towards what I assume is where they are making the hot chocolate.

A minute later, he returns with two paper cups with two black lids on top.

"Thank you." Kasey and I say in sync.

Kasey hands him the crumbled five-dollar bill I smile at him before we walk away.

"Should we go visit Zach?" Kasey suggests as she looks at me.

"Yes of course." I agree with the nod.

We walk halfway across the track and see Zach's team breaking apart, I guess they're done doing what they were doing.

"Zachy-boy!" Kasey exclaims. Zach turns around and skates to the exit of the rink, although he doesn't come out.

"Hey, Zach." I wave and look down.

"Hey guys. Enjoying the game?" He says

I look up and see Zach looking at Kasey, then at me. I smile, and I see Zach looking at my shirt and he instantly starts frowning.

"Blue?"

"I have friends on the other team." I respond in a little shrug.