15

AARON

"Wait! Stop at Walmart." Dylan tells Rylie.

She rolls her eyes. "Because?"

"Because I'm going to buy snacks, obviously," he tells her. "I have money, you don't need to go down. Just me and the two other boys."

"Alright." She gives in. Stopping in the parking lot. Dylan looks at me and smiles.

I get out of the car as do Grayson and Dylan. Before closing the car door, Dylan yells at the girls, "Give us twenty minutes!" Kasey looks back and gives him a thumbs up.

We walk about twenty feet before Dylan punches me in the arm. "Dude! Are you taking them to Lars!? To the roof we all got stuck on last year, for the whole night?!"

I laugh at the memory. "You wanted us all to spend time together, I'm doing you a favor."

"I wanted to hang out, not kidnap them! I bet you're doing this because you like one of them." he growls, "And Gray, I bet you do too, since you said you liked someone but won't even tell us who ."

"Don't bring me into this." He throws his arms up in surrender. "I'm here because if I wasn't, you'd be up my ass." Grayson speaks.

"Why the hell did you tell Rylie to come here?" I ask as I point to the Walmart building we are ten feet away from entering.

"Because you dickhead, there's a fifty-fifty chance we'll be stuck there at night. I'm getting ready," he tells me.

"Dude, chill, we're just hanging out out there. We got stuck there once. We've all been there plenty of times." Grayson tells Dylan.

Last year, the three of us decided it would be fun to go up to the roof of a huge building to hang out there. The door leading to the roof ended up getting locked at a certain time and we were stuck there for the night.

We didn't have food or anything. Just a pack of beer and cigarettes.

"That doesn't make it okay for us to take them there," he frowns. "Do any of you have your 'ID,'" he asks as he puts air quotes around ID.

"Always." I say.

"Good. It's going to be a long night." Dylan mutters to himself.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

We left the building with three plastic bags from Walmart. We spent seventy dollars on two blankets, snacks, and two bottles of liquor. Liquor was all they had, and to think Walmart would have half decent shit like alcohol. But thanks to Dylan I didn't have to pay for shit. I just had to use my "ID"

"And what do we do if they find out?" Dylan asks Grayson and I as he carries the Walmart bag over his shoulder.

"I don't know, lie." Grayson shrugs at us, which makes Dylan groan.

"Shut up about it." I tell the two boys as I opens the trunk of Rylies' car.

"What did you get?" Kasey asks, as she looks up from her phone.

"Two blankets, food, liquor." Dylan replies.

Grayson closes the trunk while Dylan opens the door handle and slides into the center of the seat.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I close the car door and walk to the trunk to grab the Walmart bags.

"You brought us to an apartment complex called...Lars?" Kasey reads the huge white sign carved into the building.

"Isn't Lars some kind of candy bar or something?" Rylie asks, I laugh as I take a quick look at her.