in The Clouds - Y/n

y/n - your name
f/n - friend name
y/nf - your name pronounced wrong

- - - - -

"no way! he actually did that to you?!" f/n exclaimed she gasped, "yeah.. well there goes my dreams of marrying Jacob Elordi, " i mumble as i lay on my bed behind me. "what a bad first day" i sigh. "hes such an asshole! but.. he totally likes you y/n" f/n giggles as she sitting beside me.

"your crazy hes a actor! he'd never like his makeup artist- oh shit.. i forgot we're going on a trip in a week.." i say sitting up "your going on a trip? you never told me" f/n said frowning "not even i knew before! just yesterday the director told me! i didn't read the full email im so stupid ugh" i said on the verge of pulling all my hair out. "girl its fine ill help you pack, but its in a 4 days anyways, your fine" she says winking at me.

- - - - - 

fast forward

'why do i have to wake up so early for this goddamn job' i was in the middle of the airport with the director, and a few of the other actors we were all waiting for fucking Jacob. 'how much more can he make me hate him?' i thought as i looked around the airport.

finally Jacob appeared "Jacob! thank god you made it lets get on the plane before we get late" the director exclaims. I hate how he always kisses his ass just because hes been in a few good movies, I glare at Jacob, he must've sensed it because he looked at me, and catches me scowling at him, i quickly change my expression and look away from him, i could hear him chuckling.

- - - - -

we all aboard the plane and we all try to find our seats, thank god I wasn't sitting next to Jacob, I sat on the end seat, wasn't really my choice but whatever, one of the backup actors helped me put my handbag up, I kindly thanked him. 'the plane ride is 3 hours,' I sigh as i look around the plane, Jacob caught my attention, he was talking with the flight attendant but it looked more like flirting. 

I scoffed under my breath, 'isn't he just so happy' I thought as he flirted further, Jacobs seat wasn't very far from mine, just 2 rows in front of me giving me a perfect fucking view.. i groan under my breath, 'hopefully i sleep through the entire flight' i thought as rested my head on the headrest.

my thoughts were interrupted by the plane speaker doing basic protocol, and the plane started to lift, i bit my thumb nail as the plane started to shake, 'ah fuck- i hate air planes' i thought as i snuck a glance as Jacob- am.. am i seeing things..? or was he already staring at me I felt my cheek get warm.

He smirks then moved back to whatever he was doing before, by this time the plane was normal now, we were in the air i lean my head on the headrest again, i closed my eyes and tried to catch a bit of sleep before i was interrupted again by the.. director?

"Y/n? hey sorry to wake you but can you switch with me? i get very nauseous on air plane rides so i need to sit as close to the bathroom as i can," he said in a pleading tone "oh- yeah of course" i say unbuckling my seat belt and standing up, he sits on my spot, "thanks so much y/n, you sit with Jacob" he says smiling. 

i pause.. 'god decided to test me today.' i thought as i looked at Jacob he was doing something on his phone, "alright, hope you feel better director" i said forcing a smile, the director nodded.

i walked to my new spot as i prepared myself mentally, Jacob looks up at me "hmn? what do you want?" he asked raising a brow 'kill me already..' "uhm i switched with the uh.. director.. i sit next to you now.." i say my voice just above a whisper, he pauses "is that so?" he says as he plasters that friendly smile i wanted to hate.. "yup.. so can you get up?" i scratched the back of my neck, "of course y/nf" he says, calling me the same nickname i hated. 

he got up from the chair, his head hit the top of the plane ceiling, i sat on the window seat, he sat back down on his original spot. 'why does this air plane have only 2 seats?! this is so awkward..' i thought as i looked at the window, 'i really hope he doesn't try and make small talk-'

"so, you excited for the trip?" he asks looking down at me, 'still so fucking tall even when sitting,' "o-oh uhm yeah," i mumble looking back up at him, 'stop being so shy! hes an asshole y/n' "Right, have you seen any of my movies?" he asks smirking 'of course hes going to try and make me compliment him,' i decided to do the opposite. 

"hmm.. not really, i didn't even know your name before this gig" i said in a innocent tone shrugging, looking up at him and giving him a 'friendly' smile, i saw the corner of his mouth twitch 'oooh that hit a nerve' i thought as my smile grew wider "oof.. that hurt y/nf" he says dramatically touching his heart.

i couldn't help but giggle, i looked up at him, and his smirk 'goddammit the stupid butterflies are probably making me blush..' i thought, my heart beats fast "well, not everybody is a people pleaser Mr Elordi" i said as i avoided eye contact with him, i looked at the screen on the chair in front of me, Jacob chuckled. "oh i know," he says before he pulls out his phone. 

"say cheese!" he says as he puts his phone up and takes a photo before i could even register what he was doing, "hey! why'd you do that?" i said furrowing my brows, i tried taking his phone from him to try and delete the photo, "nuh-uh, memories~" he said smirking as he stretched out his arm above me so i couldn't reach 'those damn long goddamn arms..' 

"ugh- give it" as i tried taking the phone, i reached high and i was so close but- my other hand landed on his thigh.. awfully close.. to his- 

"fuck-" i flinched my arm back to my side, i look back up at him 'i'm so fucked-' "still want me to delete that photo?" he asked teasingly as if nothing happened and my face was definitely red, "oh- as long as you don't post it or anything.." i replied awkwardly "of course i wouldn't post a photo of me and my makeup artist" he said smugly.

 I rolled my eyes "ass hole" i muttered as i faced the window beside me, he definitely heard me because he chuckled.

- - - - - 

i must've slept because i woke up to the director shaking me awake, "y/n, you were sleeping like a log" he said laughing "we've landed, everybody is already off the plane" he said as i looked around still feeling sleepy, 'why didn't Jacob wake me up?' is what i wanted to say but then again, why would he wake me up? im just his makeup artist' 

"what was that y/n?" the director asked "ah- nothing.. uhm where is my handbag?" i asked getting up from the chair and walking onto the row, "oh that gentleman over there got them for you" the director said pointing to that one back up actor who helped me put it up, "oh okay, ill remember to thank him" i said walking with the director out of the plane.