Not So Bad - Jacob Elordi

y/n - your name
f/n - friend name
y/nf - your name pronounced wrong

- - - - -

I stumbled up the stairs of the hotel, "stupid.. busted elevators" I kept walking up, slightly tripping on each step, I was drunk. 'I finally made it to my stupid room...' I tried getting my card but- 'wait.. I don't have it...' "fuck.." I grumbled as I looked around. 'fuck i'm just gonna see if y/n is gonna let me crash...' I thought as I walked down the stairs. She was one floor beneath me, I started banging on her door.

"y/n open the door!" I yelled loud enough for her to hear me. I banged more, and heard shuffling behind the door. It opened for me to see a sleepy y/n, who had a new shirt on. Too bad. "What do you want? im sleeping, do you know the fucking time?" she scolded me.

"yeah sorry y/nf, listen, can you let me crash?" I said, smiling trying to win her over. She paused as she blinked a few times, 

"Why would I let you in my room, as I said before, you're a major ass," she crossed her arms leaning against the door frame. "I don't have anywhere else! I lost the card to my room and the reception is closed.. and i'm tipsy, come on..." I said clasping my hands together, pleading. She pauses for a second, "only because you're drunk, I don't want you harassing girls... you can sleep on the ground," she said as she walked inside. 

"I owe you one y/nf, and... I'd never harass any girl," I said, rolling my eyes. I closed the door behind me, and saw her crawl back into bed. "Sure, I totally believe you," she mumbled in her pillow. 

"wait- I'm sleeping on the ground?" I ask, frowning. She turned around and glared at me, "there's one bed? what options do you have," she said, getting agitated.

"Why can't I just sleep with you?" I said, shrugging, taking a step closer to her. "Are you crazy?!" she said laughing, "no way in hell am i letting your hepatitis B ass anywhere near me," she said laughing once more, "hepatitis-? What the hell?! I'm not like that!" I said making a disgusted face, "you sure act like it, do you see how many women you flirt with?" she said, rolling her eyes. "Anyways i'm tired, shut up" she says before she snuggles in her bed. 

"How rude.." I muttered, frowning. "Sleep," she groaned. I looked around the room, 'oh a sofa!' I thought before I sat on it. I felt so sleepy I instantly fell asleep, (Again)... 

 - - - - - 

"Jacob! Jacob! wake the hell up!" y/n shook me as I jolted awake. "ah- whaaat" I whined as I struggled to open my eyes. "ah- my fucking head," I muttered as I rubbed my temples. "Jacob, the director texted me, we have to go to set now," she said, 'this is the first time i've heard her speak to me not pissed,' I thought as I looked up at her, "oh shit are we late?" 

I asked as I got up from the couch. My clothes were old, and my suitcase was back in MY room. "Not we, you, you're going to be late. Go take a shower, you reek of alcohol," she said as she walked towards the room door, 

I rolled my eyes. She was already ready, "you seriously didn't even bother to wake me when you woke up?" I said as I furrowed my brows.

 "You should be glad I even woke you up," she rolled her eyes, "i'm going, don't mess up my room when you leave," she said before she went out and closed the door behind her. "Dammit," I cursed as I darted to the shower.

 - - - - -

I was on set, after rushing everything, "sorry i'm late director, someone-" I glanced at y/n who was smirking at me, "didn't wake me up on time..." I said, scratching the back of my neck. "oh it's okay Jacob," he said, patting my back, 'y/n was honestly right.. I'm surrounded by people who are kiss ups...' I thought as I nodded at the director. 

"Right, go get your makeup done. We're filming in 10" he said as he walked away. I looked at y/n, she seemed to be getting her station ready, I walk towards her.

 "And I'm the ass hole," I say, raising my brow, as I sit on the chair. "you needed a taste of your own medicine," she said, smiling. "Oh whatever," I muttered as I leaned against the chair. "Right, you need a bruise on your jaw and on your brow," she said as she checked something on her phone, then began painting something on my jaw.

"so... you and david hmn?" I ask, smirking, looking at her. I saw her cheeks turn a slight shade of pink, "he's just nice to me," she said, rolling her eyes, "that's not what he was saying last night," I said, looking at the set. 

She paused, "what was he saying?" she asked, standing up straight. I looked up at her, smirking, "Now why would I tell you? I'm an ass," I said in a teasing tone, "oh fuck you" she laughed.

She bent back down to paint the bruise on my jaw, she was very close, 

"He was super drunk and spouting nonsense," I mumbled, looking into her eyes. she paused what she was doing, "and I guess he said some stuff about me?" she asked, I could see the hidden sadness in her eyes. "Yeah.. you should distance yourself from him, he seems like a massive player," I said, looking at the set, avoiding eye contact.

"And you're not? pfft" she giggled, "I may be a player but I don't say nasty shit about women," I say looking back at her, I wasn't lying, i'd never bad mouth a woman to anybody. She moved to paint a scar on my brow, "I believe you, but you're still an ass," she said, softly smiling.

I laugh, "whatever you say, y/n".She paused as she stood up straight, "you said my name normally!" she said, gasping dramatically, putting a hand over her mouth. 

"what? no, you're crazy" 

"no I heard it" 

"what? heard what?" I asked, teasing her further. 

"ughh," y/n groaned as she flicked my forehead, "I know what I heard"

 "owww," I whined as I put my hand where she flicked. 

"oh what? What're you whining about?" she asked, acting worried. "touche," I laughed. "Quit yapping over there!" We heard one of the backup actors say. 

I heard y/n apologize, I saw david and the female lead talk, 'bet hes flirting with her now' i thought,"Jacob, look here, i need to finish the bruise" she asked softly, "oh right," i looked back at y/n, she was doing her finishing touches to the makeup. 

'y/n really was pretty.. wait- what no, i shouldn't be thinking like that, she's just my makeup artist..' I thought.I watched her delicate eyes keep flickering from mine to my brow, I felt a slight smile form on my lips, 

"what?" her eyes locked with mine, "you keep staring," I clarify myself. "n-no reason, you're done" she said as she stood straight, I could see the nervousness on her face. I stood up and looked to the mirror beside me.

'of course it looked way better than my expectations,' "good job,". I looked back at her, she still stood close to me, "y/n,'' I called her by her real name as I walked on set, 'i haven't had this much fun teasing in a while,' I thought as I grinned.