Private Client - Jacob Elordi/Y/n

F/N - friend name

- - - - -

It's been a week since I drove her home that day. She hasn't texted me, and I know I shouldn't be getting nervous, but I am. I thought about swinging by her apartment, but you know how that goes- she thinks I'm getting too attached, and it becomes a thing. I know I can't let that happen.

But if I keep doing this it'll burn both of us out she'll grow tired of my games. I dreaded that thought, but it was true. 

So I decided, I would text her, and meet up with her, and... end it. I sighed as I rubbed my temples, leaning further back into my chair. Okay, maybe I won't end it, but I'm just dragging her along. I can't be doing this. 

My thoughts were Interrupted by my phone ringing. I looked at it and- the director, 'what shit will he spew this time?' I sighed before I answered the phone, 

"Hello?" I spoke clearly, trying to hide the annoyance, "Jacob! We're having a party for the movie, we hit billboards!" The director said excitedly. My eyebrows rose, "You're kidding, that's insane," I muttered as I furrowed my brows, 

"I know! The party is today, you have to come, they're already asking for your manager's number for more movies," He said as I heard some cluttering around in the back, "Alright, sure, I'm coming," I said as I leaned back in my chair.

"Y/n is also coming," The director added. I paused, 'does he know something?', "What does that have to do with me?" I said, trying to cover up my worry. "Oh, I just meant that you don't have to get your makeup or hair done, just come early and she'll do it, Ill ask her," He replied, I heard a bit of suspicion in his voice.

I silently took a sigh of relief, "Right... Yeah, sorry, I'll be there, what time?" I ask, "Come at 6, the party starts at 7PM,". Me and the director end our call and I get up, 'If it's 4:50 right now I  only have an hour to shower and get changed,' I thought.

- - - - -  (Y/N) POV

 I walked into the house where the party was supposedly held, I looked around. 'Was I early? There's barely anyone here'. I rub the back of my neck, my eyes locked with- Jacob's, I knew he was going to be here but... I didn't think I'd see him so soon, our relationship has been very odd lately every since David interfered...

 He started approaching me, my heart beat of course quickened, I straighten my back as he stood in front of me,

"Hey..." I said embarrassingly quiet, he jerked a brow, "You seem tense," He said as he leaned on a nearby table. "Oh no- It's nothing, I've just been, uh, sick this past week," I bluffed, he merely nodded, I paused as I tried to breathe and try to calm down my stupid heart.

"When are you going to start on the hair and makeup? Or are we just going to stare at each other in silence," He teased. I blinked a few times before replying, "Makeup- hair? I was just told to come..." I replied completely ignoring his tease.

"The director... Fuck, did he forget to tell you?" 

"I guess, because I didn't get any text," 

 He nodded once more, "Well, the party starts soon... And I look like a mess," He said as he rubbed his face.

"We could... Go... To my place?" I suggested, but soon regretted every word that just came out of my mouth as he looked up with a devilish smirk plastered on his face. "You're place?" He repeated, "Uhm- actually It's too far- it's okay," I said, putting my hands up trying to cover up my mistake.

"No it's fine, I'll drive," He stood up straight. I silently nodded, my face heated up, 'i'm going to regret this..' he then began walking out the door, I followed.

- - - - - 

We were walking towards my apartment, 'Shit did i clean?' I got my keys and stuck them in the door and opened it. "Alright, uh- don't mind the mess, my roommate has people over often," I bluffed. Sorry f/n, I was just a major procrastinator and would much rather read than clean.

He nodded, "Here's my room," I said, walking in piles of clothes on the ground. He looked around and he set his eyes on something, and then chuckled... What was he looking at? I followed his eyes and- FUCK.

I ran to grab my bright red bra, the same one he'd seen through my shirt at the beach, and shoved it behind me and faced him. "Pretend you didn't see that," I muttered as I shuffled to my closet and threw the damn red bra in.

Jacob burst out laughing, I furrow my brows, "Just sit down!" I say as I feel my cheeks heat up, I point to my makeup desk with a chair in front of it, and he sat down, but kept laughing. "Move on," I say, rolling my eyes and tidying up my makeup desk.

"Sorry- Sorry, but wait... Is that the same-?" I cut him off, "Yes, its the same one," I say as I narrow my eyes at him. "Good to know," He said along with more laughing. I picked up a hair brush and began brushing his hair.

"Did you even brush your hair before leaving your house?" I ask as I brush out knots. "Owww- And no, I was in a hurry- Ow! Does it hurt you to be gentle?" Jacob whines. I tug harder, "Maybe it does," I say, giggling.

He glares at me through the mirror in front of us, and I smile right back. I reach over and get the gel on the table, "When did you know you wanted to get into makeup and stuff like that," He asks, I had a feeling he was just trying to make small talk.

"I've always liked it I guess," I said shrugging, our eyes locked in the mirror. "Uh- makeup, let's get to that," I said as I placed the brush down and snatched some concealer from my drawer.

"Turn your head here please," I ask as I look down at him. He does as told, and I do the usual with makeup.

His eyes flickered to mine ever so often, "Are you and Vivian like.. Really good friends?" He asks softly, we lock eyes, "Well, yeah, she's really kind," I say as I grab the brush from my table. "She's bad news y/n, she'll influence you to do bad stuff," He says, furrowing his brows. I brush his face with some setting powder.

I laugh lightly, "Since when were you my babysitter?" I say with a teasing grin, he rolls his eyes. "I'm serious, she's been in the filming industry for a while and I've seen her, she's been cancelled 2 times, and almost again recently," He says with hidden disgust in his tone. 

"It'll be bad for your image," He says softly, 'It's the kindest I've ever heard him speak..'. He holds my wrist and brings it down so I look at him, we lock eyes, "Uhm- Yeah.." My voice was barely above a whisper.

We stared for a long minute, "W-We.. We need to get back to the party," I said with my heart beating faster than a jet. I leaned back, he let go of my wrist, "Yup- Yeah let's go," He said standing up, and I don't know if I was crazy but I heard nervousness in his voice.

I furiously blushed as I cleaned up my desk, "Alright let's go," I said as I turned around, he opened the door for me and we walked towards the exit when someone caught us.

"Y/n! I thought you had a par- JACOB ELORDI?" F/n yelled at she stumbled back a bit, "Fuck, f/n calm down, you know I'm working with him," I said walking to her, "Did you guys-? Don't tell me you did it here!" She said squealing, I quickly shush her, "We didn't do anything! And- We're getting late for the party, I was just getting him ready here," I explained.

She nodded slowly as she stared at Jacob. "Okay.. Okay, you guys go before your late," she said pushing me towards the door.

Me and Jacob walk out, and on our way to the party, I wonder who we will see.

A/N:
It feels so good writing after such a long time, stay tuned pooks (special thanks to my editor for actually editing this chapter👏👏👏)