14. Strong Drizzles and Umbrellas

Ever since morning came, the gloomy atmosphere is evident. Not just in the skies but also in Tay's mood and room. He's feeling blue and even more so when he noticed that it's about to rain. Sometimes he feels at ease when it rains, it's like an arm engulfing him into a hug. On other times, he feels heavy and lonely. A familiar longing rising up in his chest.

He dragged himself to go out and finish his classes for the day and securing an umbrella for himself. As he was about to go out the building, he Saw Newwie sitting on the lounge.

"Tay!" New stood up and approached Tay while holding something that seems like a lunch box bag.

"Hin, what are you doing here?"

"I'm waiting for Aira. That girl's so persistent. I told here that we should meet at uni but she wants to come her."

Tay nooded as he held the strap of his bag, adjusting it for no reason. He glanced at what New's holding and New immediately caught that that he raised what he was holding and proudly smiled at Tay. "I cooked for her!"

"Oh? Are you sure that's edible? How unlucky of her" Tay jokingly shook his head and showed a face of disbelief.

"Hey! You're being mean! Of course it is!"

Tay just laughed and sat down pulling out a book from his bag and accompanied New as he wait for the love of his life.

Not long after, Aira arrived and greeted the both of them. "Tay, do you want to come with us? Let's go to school together."

"I would love to, but I forgot something and I need to go back to my room. You guys go ahead. "

"Are you sure, Tay? We can wait for you." New nooded at his lover's statement.

There it goes again. Her natural kindness that reaches out to everyone. The kind of kindness that does not choose but rather showers it to every soul she met.

"That would be nice, but really, you guys should go ahead."

The lovers finally gave up on their persistence to wait for Tay and decided to go ahead. They exchanged goodbye's and see you around's before parting.

Tay went up to the floor that he's staying only to stare at his closed door. "What am I doing here? I didn't even forget anything."

His phoned chimed and he was bombarded with Gun's text messages. He stared at his phone for a while thinking what could possibly happen. They also don't have any exams for today.

Gun: Oh my god! Where are you? You're gonna be late!

Gun: TAWAN

Gun: Are you out of your mind?

Gun: Are you okay? Are you sick?

Gun: Are you not going to attend our classes?

Gun: Don't tell me you're still asleep? 🤦

Tay glanced at his watch and hurriedly went down. "Just how long have I been staring at the door? I didn't even notice the time. I lost track of it."

He was running at full speed toward the parked vehicles that'll take him to school.

In the middle of class, rain started to pour. He was lucky that he brought his umbrella today. It's his third and last class for today.

The three of them, him, Off, and Gun, agreed to meet up before going home. New said he wasn't sure and just decided to catch up.

"It's raining! I doubt if I can finish reviewing tonight. I think I'll fall asleep." Gun said sighing.