7. I'll Always Be

New and Tay are practicing in New's dorm.

Tay looks at his guitar while playing it but he never forgets to take a few glances at Newwie.

After a few more hours of practice, they finally decided to call it a day.

"Tay thank you so much. I promise to help you too when you're going to court the one that you love"

'Really hin?'

"Hin you've been thanking me for like the 15th time now." Tay chuckled

"It's because I'm so happy that you're helping me. Are you in love with someone right now? I can help you with her"

"I am. I am in love with someone right now"

'I am inlove with you'

"Really? What's the lucky person's name?"

Tay just smiled at him and shrugged his shoulders.

"Is it a guy? Come on Tay, tell me about him!" New said while shaking Tay's arms.

"It's a secret Hin"

"You're so unfair, you know about Aira but I don't know anything about the person you're inlove with"

'You're wrong. You know almost everything about him because it's you'

"I'll tell you when I'm ready, but for now I'm just gonna give you one clue."

New nodded excitedly.

"He's adorable."

New's smile turned into a frown

"What kind of clue is that? There are like so many adorable people in this country. How am I gonna find him?"

Tay laughed at New's cuteness.

"You don't have to find him though. I promise I'll tell you soon."

New sighed in defeated but he nodded anyway.

"Hin are you ready for tomorrow? Tomorrow's gonna be a big day for you."

New's gonna surprise Aira tomorrow. He's gonna sing for her and he's finally asking her out.

"I'm a bit nervous Tay but I know that whatever happens tomorrow, you're always there for me right?"

"Of course"

'Of course I'm always here for you. Even if it can hurt me so much, I'll still be here. Even if you'll finally be with her, I'll still be here. I will be here. I will stay, like I always do.'

"Tay I'm very thankful that I've met someone like you and that you've become my best friend."

"Why are you suddenly telling me this?"

"I just want you to know. We have to stay together for a long time because you'll be my best man when I get married."

'Can I be your husband and your groom instead?'

"Okay okay. I will be your best man and I will never leave you."

"No matter what happens?" New said as he showed his pinky finger to Tay

"No matter what happens" Tay linked his pinky finger to New's, a pinky promise.

Silence engulfed the whole room as they continued to stare at each other's eyes.

"Okay let's stop this now, It's pretty unusual for us to act so sweet and dramatic" Tay said breaking the silence between them.

"You promised Tay, you promised that you'll always be here. I will never forget that"

"Okay okay. It's time for me to go back to my dorm."

Tay stood up and walked towards the door with his guitar of course.

"Goodnight Tay"

"Goodnight and good luck for tomorrow. I hope she'll say yes"

New smiled at Tay and he closed his door.

When the door shuts, Tay's smile immediately disappeared.

He walked to the his room with thousands of thoughts in his head.

His room is at the sixth floor while New's at the second.

Tay smiled faintly as he remembered his promise to New. How can he promise something like that? He's hurting and breaking inside yet he still has the guts to promise something that can break him even more.

His mind's so clouded that he didn't even notice that he's finally standing in front of his room.

Tay weakly opened the door and entered his room.

He put down his guitar and he sat at floor near his bed, and without a second thought he finally let his tears out.

He's not a robot nor a rock, he can feel the pain and even though he tries to ignore it, it'll always come back even stronger.

"You're hurting me Hin but I can't stop myself from loving you. I'm always here. I'll always be."