10. I Wish

Off, Tay, Gun and New are hanging out like they usually do every Friday night. They're at a mini restaurant where live bands and gigs are held. Their stage is also open for anyone who'd like to sing. Their friends, Krist and Singto owned the restaurant.

"Come on Tay, sing for us", Gun's been pestering Tay to sing for them and Tay keeps on saying no.

"Sing for us Tay. I'd like to hear your voice again" Newwie said while smiling at Tay.

Tay can't resist New. He never can. Off and Gun smiled at each other, they know that Tay will finally give in.

"Fine"

Tay made his way to the stage, and the he received lots of goodluck from the people watching him. He picked up the guitar, sat on the stool and started playing the guitar.

"Do you hear me?
I'm talking to you
Across the water
Across the deep blue ocean
Under the open sky
Oh my, baby I've tried"

People inside the place, clapped their hands for Tay.

He smiled as he stared at New's eyes.

'Listen Hin, this is for you.'

Just as he was about to sing the next line, Newwie made his way towards the stage, grabbed a mic and started singing

Tawan was shocked but he felt happiness crept inside him.

"Boy I hear you in my dreams
I feel your whisper across the sea
I keep you with me in my heart"

Tay smiled and started to sing along

"You make it easier when life gets hard"

The people cheered and clapped their hands. Off, Gun, Krist and Singto started to sing along as well.

"I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh"

The night continued with them having fun and forgetting about their problems.

Krist and Singto joined them since it's been so long since they last hanged out together.

Tay was the happiest but not until Singto asked about Aira.

"Are you finally together now?" Singto asked.

Krist looked at Tay to make sure he's still okay. Everyone in the group knows about Tay's love for Newwie-but New is too blind to see it.

"Yes, finally. After months of waiting we're finally together." New said, full of happiness in his voice.

"Well that kind of hurt but anyway, I'm used to this" Tay keeps on assuring himself that he's okay.

He's still having emotional breakdowns from time to time and it's been a month since Aira and New became official.

"What about you Tay? What's keeping you busy these days?" Krist asked him.

"Nothing much just playing with my guitar. I sing sometimes. I've been also studying."

"You? Studying? Wow. What a huge development! Never knew you're capable of studying" Singto tease him and the others laughed at him.

"Oh come on! Of course I know how to study. Stop mocking me already" Tay whined like a kid and they teased him even more.

"But in all seriousness, how are you Tay?" Krist asked, he became more worried when he Gun told him that Aira and New are finally together.

"I'm fine. You don't have to worry about me. I can handle myself. Thank you though, for worrying about me." Tay smiled at them and he really is the son of the sun. When he smiled, the whole group smiled at him too. He spreads positive energy all around him. The sunshine of the group.

He's the sunshine of the group yet he's facing the strongest storms.

Newwie's phone suddenly ringed and he excused himself to answer the call.

"Tay, I know you're still suffering and I'm sorry if I had to ask New about Aira" Singto apologised and he gave Tay a few pats on his back.

"Nah, don't worry. I'm okay with it. I guess I just have to get used to it. I just have to prepare myself when the time comes that Aira will hang out with us, eat with us, and even study with us. That'll come soon."

Before they can reply, New finally approached their table and it seems like he's worried about something.

"What's wrong Hin?" Tay asked.

"I'm sorry but I really have to go. Aira's sick and she needs me"

They all told New that it's okay. New hurriedly went to Aira's house.

The five of them remained at their table and they talked about Tay's situation.

"I'll eventually move on, so don't worry. I can still take it." Tay keeps on reassuring them that it's really okay.

"I can see it in New's eyes. He really loves Aira. He'll even marry her if she'll agree with him." Off said.

"Papi, stop it. You're hurting Tay." Gun lightly slapped Off's arm.

"Oh sorry, didn't mean to" Off slapped his mouth and repeatedly mumbled a few sorrys.

"You and you're unstoppable mouth" Gun rolled his eyes and pinched Off's leg.

"Aira's really lucky. They both are lucky. They love each other so much." Singto sighed as he realised that New and Aira's relationship is really strong and it's really clear that they love each other so much.

"It would've been better if Tay and New are together." Gun pouted after he said those words.

Tay smiled at them and thought "I wish"