17. Sundown

The two had a peaceful lunch while drifting off from topic to topic, enjoying their meal and conversation.

"Aiden, when I got off the bus, I wandered off and went to this place near the playground. I wonder if when will it begin to be lively?"

"Oh, at Street Hill, you mean? It usually starts to become lively at 2 pm onward. Do you wanna go? I can accompany you. But if you want to go alone, then it's totally okay."

"Street Hill? That's the name of the place?" Aiden just nodded while eating and not really looking at Tawan but at his food. "I think I'll go—alone."

"But Aiden.." Aiden looked up raised his brow at Tay, waiting for him to continue what he wants to say. "Can I stay here? I don't want to go at exactly 2 pm. Maybe later than that."

"Of course, you can! You're a guest and a customer here. Why would I drive you away?" He looked at Tay with amusement written on his face.

Tay just cleared his throat when he realized that the lad was right and continued eating.

"We should stay outside and maybe play at the shore for a bit. You don't mind the blazing heat of the sun, right?"

Tay just shook his head while mentally reminding himself to put on sunscreen before they start whatever activities they'll do.

The two continued eating and when they're done, they went back to the place's terrace and stayed where they were earlier.

Aiden stood at the edge of the terrace, watching the waves dance at the sea. Tay never really had looked at this guy properly. He took this chance to observe him. He's shorter than Tay but a bit taller than Gun. He's body is not that big nor small—just the right build. His hair is slightly long and it reaches near his eyebrows.

He's beautiful.

"Tay?"

Tay got pulled out of trance when Aiden called him and he was already at his side. "Hmm?"

"It's just unusual that you're not with New. You usually do things together. Even with Off and Gun."

"Oh? You know us?"

"Uhh..Yes. I kind of just do." He shrugged and looked at anywhere but Tay.

"Well, he's not with me, because I wanted to be alone. Maybe just for the day. It doesn't matter anyway. He's probably with his girlfriend right now. "

"I see. So, that's why you're alone. Trying to mend a broken heart?"

"I'm not. I just want to be alone."

"Hmm..I doubt that, but okay."

"Come on, I really am not!"

"Then why does it feel like it's an unrequited love kind of problem?"

Tay just sighed and decided to just give in. No point in denying now. Maybe it alright to tell him. Maybe this is their first and last interaction. It's not for sure that they'll still hang out when things go back to normal.

"Well, maybe because it is."

Aiden dramatically put his hand on his mouth then pointed at Tay. He then squinted his eyes, "See?! I was right! I AM right!"

Tawan just rolled his eyes at Aiden's overly dramatic reaction.

"When did it started? How did it started?"

"Are we seriously gonna talk about this now?"

"Oh, right. My bad. It'll surely hurt you. Let's talk about something else. Wanna bad mouth him?"