Chapter 2

||The Duke Is Obsessed With Me!||

I stood behind as my aunt and cousin talked to the other noble woman who were here to either present themselves or their daughters

I stood behind as my aunt and cousin talked to the other noble woman who were here to either present themselves or their daughters. Even with all the bad rumors going around about the Duke they still want their daughters to marry him all so they can say that their family members of the Duke. I watched as everyone laughed and giggled with one another. just then a girl in the back who stood out from all the rest was being hounded by some noble man. You could tell she needed help but everyone ignored her. That poor girl I thought to myself before gathering all my courage and sneaking away to go help her. As I got closer I could hear her distress. "Do not touch me!" She shouted at the man bravely. He went to grab her wrist, "oh come on don't be like that, why stand around waiting for a Duke to sweep you off your feet when you could have a handsome Nobel man like me" said the man as he leaned in closer. I cleared my throat once I was close enough, "Excuse me gentlemen" I said gaining their attention. "My apologies for butting in but my sister and I must be on our way now" I said before grabbing the young ladies hand and pulling her away from them, she was shocked as I did so. I tried to get her a safe distance away from them but before I could they stepped in front of of blocking our path. "Not so fast she still owe us something for our time and now so do you" he said licking his lips as he grabbed ahold of me. "Run!" I told the young lady but she stood there with her fist balled "Hey! Let her go now do you know who I am!" She shouted at the man but then another grabbed her. "Aw listen to this one, do you know who I am" he mocked as the man all laughed just then. A tall muscular frame appeared behind the man who was holding onto me. He had on a hood the covered his face but when he looked up all I could see was his light blue eyes. "Let them go now" said the man in a deep intimidating voice.

The noble man pushed me to the muddy ground and I landed with a thump. he then turned to face the mysterious hooded man with blue eyes. "Oh yeah and who are you" said the man. The hooded me took off his mask and hood before looking up at him and narrowing his piercing blue eyes at the noble man. "I'm the Duke of this town and your holding onto my sister" he said the man swallowed hard as his eyes glanced down at the royal pin that was on his chest. "You-your Grace" said the man as he stumbled back. The noble man holding onto the young girl immediately let her go before running off. "I-I'm truly sorry your Grace I- I didn't know" said the man stuttering in fear.  "I should have your head right now and I'd be well in my rights to do so, did you know any offense against the commander of the royal grand and Dukes family is a crime against the imperial family?" He asked in a calm but threatening tone. "I-I- didn't know she was your sister your grace" he said trembling as the Duke pulled out his sword and pointed it at his throat. Everyone's attention soon turned to the little corner we were in when they all realized that it was the Duke.

"I don't care if she wasn't, to try and take advantage of a young woman because she's alone is sicking enough but to do so with the title of a noble man is even more insulting" said the Duke his hand gripping the handle of his sword tightly. "Kneel" said the Duke. "Please your grace mercy" the man cried out. "I Said Kneel" he repeated is voice growing more aggressive. The man shamefully got on his knees in front of His Grace, the young girl immediately ran over to him and grabbed his arm. "Brother no don't please" begged the young girl. The Duke stood there as he began to raise his sword. I closed my eyes tight not wanting to witness the bloody scene. I heard the sound of the wind passing the sword and the gasping of the people around us so I was sure that the man had been killed. I slowly opened my eyes after a moment of preparing myself for what I was about to see but when I looked up the man was still kneeling there, Alive.

"You will be stripped of your noble title and held prisoner for insulting the imperial family and attempted assault on a member of the Ramiro household" he said snapping his fingers causing two guards to come and grab the noble man up and walk him off. His grace then put away his sword and looked down at me who was now covered in mud and bruised on my knee. His sharp eyes stared into mine for a moment before he kneeled down and offered me his gloved hand. I was embarrassed to take it as my hands were covered in mud and his gloves were white. "Are you alright?" He asked as he looked at me still with a sharp gaze. "I am" I replied he looked down at my clothes and immediately retracted his hand from mine. I was sure it was because I was muddy and dirty so I didn't blame him. Just then the young girl came up to me she looked to be no older then 15 or 16, "Oh no your dress is ruined, brother we can't leave her like this we must do something" said the girl. "Oh no it's fine really" I said with a smile, I didn't really care about the dress it was an old hand me down from my younger cousin anyways I just wanted to get out of here because people were starting to stare.

"No she's quite right we must repay you for your dress" said the Duke as he folded his arms across his chest. "Come we'll take you to get changed" said the girl and before I could protest against it further I was already in the Dukes carriage leaving the gathering. As I looked out of the window I felt bad, all of those woman waited all day for his Grace and when he had only just arrived he had to leave again because of me.

Duke Raul Ramiro Age; 23