Chapter 22

||The Duke Is Obsessed With Me!||

With Raul

I was on my way back to go bathe dirt from training off of me when I heard an all so familiar voice call out to me. "Raul" said the woman's voice I turned around to see my mother standing there at the door that was still open as she had just walked in. Her guard and two servants were all standing behind her holding all her luggage. I stood there surprised, "Mother!?" I said just then Rya came darting past me and latching onto our mother. "Mother!" She shouted excitedly as they both hugged each other. "My sweet girl oh how I've missed you" said my mother as she pulled back and kissed Ryas forehead before they both then looked at me. "If only my son would greet me so lovingly" she said staring at me with an unsettling expression.

I swallowed my fear and slowly walked over to her Rya moved to the side giving her direct access to me. My mother pulled me in for an hug and I hugged her back. "I've missed you most, I haven't seen you in nearly a year" she said before pulling away and reaching her Hand up and touching the side of my face lightly. "Oh look at you, your a lot bigger then before, one thing about you didn't change though" she said I closed my eyes leaning into her motherly touch unaware of what was about to happen next. Just then her hand moved from my face leaving me confused until she slapped my head.

I reached an hand up touching the spot on my head where she slapped me. "Ouch! Mama! " I whined as she pointed a stern finger at me. "That's for getting engaged and not telling me about it yourself then after the wedding not inviting me to come and meet your bride" she said in an angry voice. "Mama-" I said but she cut me off. "Don't mama me, and what was with that wedding you weren't even in a suit I can't believe you made that poor girl get married at a church in such an unfashionable way, it should've been in the dukedom's lovely garden, there should've been doves and fireworks even ice statues and glass water fountains and so much more, is your bride not worth that much?" She asked furious. she was right I did a lot of things out of order and honestly I agreed with her on the big wedding part.

I wanted to give Amora all of that but she asked for something small and I'm bound by my word to give her whatever she wishes for even if it be my head on a stick.

"She's worth more than that" I replied as my mind started to fill with thoughts of her. My mother looked at me oddly before sighing and letting out a breath. "I guess I'll let you off the hook for now but only because I'm more happy that you're even married, I was sure after what happened with that vile noble woman you would never open your heart again and marry anyone so I'd have to rely on Rya for grandchildren" she said putting the back of her hand up to her forehead as she said that last part dramatically.

Rya eyes went wide before she coughed shocked. "Mother!" She said embarrassed. "You might still have too if my wife doesn't wish to have kids" I replied with a shrug. "Well that most certainly won't do, you need an heir" said my mother. "If that's the case then I'll name Rya my heir so that when she's married and have children they'll become the next Duke in Duchess, and father's legacy will continue" I said Rya glared at me "You can't just push this all on me!" She said I smirked. "Watch me" I replied before sticking my tongue out at her jokingly. She rolled her eyes and our mother smiled.

"You two haven't changed a bit, I'm glad" she said before hugging us tightly once more. "Alright" she said as she let us go, "Be a good son and have me a bath drawn up I've been on the road for 3 days to get here and haven't had a proper bath, After I'd like to officially meet my new daughter in law and have some tea while we talk" she said before signaling for her two servants. "This is Rio and Maven my personal servants if it's not too much I'd like them to have a room close to mine so could you please have someone prepare them a shared room when you have mine prepared" mother asked me. Both Rio and Maven bowed, this was my first time meeting them. Rio was a young boy and Maven was a young girl although it was hard to tell because she was dressed in a male servants uniform.

They were young and looked to be around Ryas age so I wondered why she took on such young servants. My mother wasn't the type to like things done wrong which is why she hardly required Servants because she would much rather do whatever it is on her own the most she'd use was a maid but servants weren't common for her.

"It shouldn't be a problem as long as your fine staying in the East wing you didn't give me notice that you'd be arriving and almost every bedroom in this Mansion except for the Duchess sweet in which I'm currently sharing with the Duchess, Ryas room and the maids headquarters in the South wing has furniture in them" I explained.

She waved me off "it's quite alright I know my visit was a bit of a surprise just do what you can I wouldn't want to impose on you and my daughter in-law" she said. "Alright then" I replied before turning to look at one of the house maids who was standing behind me waiting for my order. "Have a room set up for these children and one for my mother but please make sure they're near one another, also take my mother's luggage and store it in the room you choose" I said. "Oh dear that's not my luggage, that's Rio and mavens luggage I didn't bring much of anything because I assumed my clothes were still here and you didn't throw them out?" She asked "of course not...yours and father's clothes are still here, I've never gotten rid of anything that belongs to you two this was your Palace before it was mine I'd never disrespect you in that way" I said feeling rather offended that she would think I'd do something like that, after all the choice for her and Rya to move out all the way to the Dukes Estate was they'res but since I was always busy and never here I couldn't really object I wanted them to be where they were comfortable so I gave them the entire Estate.

My mom smiled softly at me "I know you wouldn't I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that" she said I sighed "that's quite alright" I said.

Later in the
living room;

"So where is my new daughter in law? Is she not coming?" Asked my mother as she sat on one couch and I sat on the other while the maids poured us both cups of tea. "I've sent a maid to get her but I'm sure she's just warping up the history lesson with Leonard today" I replied my mom looked at me confused "history lesson?, she's a noble woman what do she need history lessons for that should have been taught to her when she was young" said my mother. She was right lessons like that are usually taught to young nobles at a young age but Amoras situation was different.

I sighed "Before my wife arrives there's something I have to tell you about Amoras situation" I said my mother looked at me. "Ok" she replied before I started to fill her in on everything from how I met Amora to the way her family treats her.

After I was done my mother had a look of disbelief on her face. "I didn't even know family's like that existed, how could they treat that poor girl that way" she said shaking her head. "Because They're horrible people" I replied my fist tightening at just the thought of that family. "Wait you said the young lady's the Viscountess of Bloomfield, is she aware of this fact as well?" Asked Mother. "No she is not and I'd like to keep it that way for now just until I have everything more stable" I said but that was a half truth when in reality I was afraid.

Afraid that if I told Amora that she was the Viscountess of Bloomfield and not her uncle then she'd want to go back and claim what is hers which would ultimately mean she'd divorce me.

"Son of mine what are you thinking?" Asked mother bringing me back to reality. "I-Nothing" I said clearing my throat just then the double doors swung open and Amora came walking in with Sir Lance following closely behind her but stopping at the door and standing there not coming in any further. My mother immediately stood up and went over to greet her. "My Raul's beautiful wife, how lovely it is to finally meet you, I'm Evelyn, Evelyn Romiro the former Duchess of Romiro and your husband's lovely most cherished Mother" she said I shook my head. She's quite full of herself for sure, now I see where Rya gets it. I thought sipping my tea and watching the two of them introduce themselves.