Chapter 6

||The Duke Is Obsessed With Me!||

The discussion began, "I've heard great things about you, your grace" said the viscount

The discussion began, "I've heard great things about you, your grace" said the viscount. "Yes well I've heard about you as well" said Raul keeping his cold expression as he sat with his leg crossed over the other. The viscount chuckled nervously "All good things I hope" he said.

As Raul stared the viscount down the air became thicker with tension. Just then a young girl and boy came strutting in. Raul knew instantly that they were the viscounts children considering how much they resembled him. "Mother, father did you find out where that ratchet cousin of ours ran off to hopefully she ran a-" she said but the viscounts wife grabbed her and whispered to her in a desperate attempt to shut her up. but it was too late because Raul had already heard enough. he glanced over at Amora who to his surprise still kept her numb expression even while being insulted by her family.

Raul felt for her, not because of how she's being treated but because she reminded him of himself the way she'd shut her emotions off and appear not to care. Raul turned his attention back to the viscount and the others hearing them call him. "Your grace we apologize for our daughter" said the viscounts wife in a panic as she bowed her head. "Yes truly" said the viscount just as panicked as his wife before he suddenly glanced over at Amora and cleared his throat. "So your grace from what I hear you've spent time with my darling niece, what do you think of her" asked the viscount Amora looked up and for the first time since we got here a flicker of her emotions showed. it was like she was a afraid of what his grace might say, she closed her eyes and looked down at her feet.

Raul noticed the young boy snickering and whispering to his sister who was giggling as well as they looked at Amora. He listened calmly hearing every word they believed he couldn't. "What he thought of her? Obviously the same thing anyone should think about that pale pig" said the boy "if she marries that Monster we'll get everything our mother and father promised us" said the girl before they both started snickering. Raul closed his eyes briefly to unfocus on the far sounds around home before calmly answering the viscount.

After seeing and hearing everything he's heard today he knows exactly how Amora is treated and it's not like a noble woman but more like the lands animals that they've Neglected. Raul wanted to help her but wasn't quite sure why, maybe he still felt like he owed her for the kindness she showed his sister.

"I think she's kind, intelligent and brave not to mention beautiful, honestly I couldn't even tell she was related to the lot of you" he said in a way that was intended to be insulting to the viscount and his children. Amora looked up shocked at his graces words, she seemed to had been focused more on the fact that his grace called her beautiful rather then anything else that was said. they made eye contact and Amora was sure she seen him smirk at her.

The face the young boy and girl made was worse, they were more shocked then anyone there. The bitter looks on they're faces made his grace feel a sense of amusement and satisfaction.

"Then your grace would surely love to take her hand in marriage?" Asked the viscounts wife. The happy feeling that Raul was feeling immediately went away when he heard the mention of marriage and his cold demeanor returned.

Raul stood up without another word. "Your grace?" Said the viscount, Raul looked over at Amora who was looking down at the ground and that's when he saw it, a tear drop from her eye. Raul was stunned as he stood there his cold demeanor washing away once again when he looked at her. In that moment he didn't think before her spoke, "Yes" he simply said they looked at his grace confused until he turned to face them, his head held high. "I'll marry Amora Haku" he said Amoras eyes shot up.

she was in shocked at the dukes words but did he truly mean them came into question. Marry me?! H-he wants to Marry me?! she thought in her head as she sat there in complete shock. Once again Raul had left them all speechless.

The best way Raul knew he could whole heartedly repay Amora was by getting her out of this house with these horrible people she calls family.

Raul cleared his throat breaking the shocked silence in the room. "I'll get the paperwork started and tomorrow morning I'll be back for my bride you shall help her pack all her things" said Raul returning to his cold stare as he looked at the viscount. Before Raul could walk out the viscount called out to him causing him to stop and turn around. "Your Grace wait" said the viscount. Raul looked at him waiting for him to speak, "We heard there was quite a bit of compensation in it for the Haku family, may I ask when that would arrive?" asked the viscount.

Raul scoffed at him, he's handing off his only niece to a stranger and all he cares about is money?!. What Scum. Raul thought in his head but he wanted to say those exact words out loud to the viscount, but something told Raul that the viscount was a spiteful person and in return he might take it out on Amora and Raul needed her safe before he took any shots at the viscount.

Raul opened his mouth to speak, "You will get your compensation after her betrothal to me" said his Grace before taking one last glance at Amora and leaving.