Chapter 23

||The Duke Is Obsessed With Me!||

Amora sat nervously on the couch near his grace as his mother Evelyn sat across from them sipping her tea

Amora sat nervously on the couch near his grace as his mother Evelyn sat across from them sipping her tea. The room was silent so the sound of her setting her cup down onto the Saucer seemed to had been louder then expected to Amora. just then Evelyn cleared her throat and looked up at Amora causing her to flinch a bit. Even though Evelyn looked a lot like Rya Amora had to keep in mind that she could have an totally different personality then the sweet bubbly Rya she knows.

"So, Amora was it?" Asked Evelyn unsure if she was pronouncing Amoras name correctly. "Um yes ma'am" said Amora as she stiffened up. Raul found himself staring at the cute face she was making as she tried her hardest to focus only on his mother. Evelyn chuckled "Oh ease up dear you can just call me mother or Evelyn, after all we are family now" she said with the sweetest smile. I guess I was wrong she's more like Rya then i thought, said Amora in her head as she looked at the woman in front of her smiling sweetly at her.

"Oh-okay" Amora replied "My You have such beautiful hair I sure hope my grandchildren inherits it" said Evelyn Suddenly. "Mother!?" Said Raul, "Cut it out I know what you're doing" he continued. Evelyn shrugged. "Whatever do you mean" she said acting innocent and clueless but Raul knew the fact was, she trying to psych out Amora to see if she wishes to have children but Raul feared that it would only make her uncomfortable.

"Y- yes I hope so too" said Amora surprising Raul. She wants children?! Said Raul in his head more excitedly then he'd like to admit knowing that Amora wanted kids with him made him flushed. He did say that he'd give her whatever she wanted even if it's a million children, whatever makes her happy makes him happy.

"Oh goodie did you hear that Raul?, she's on board with children which means now you can start trying for an heir" said Evelyn. Amoras and Raul's face went bright red. Trying for an heir? That means we'd have to-!? Amora thought in her head as dirty thoughts came to mind mostly images of Raul hovering on top of her shirtless with a devilish smirk. Amora touched her face embarrassedly while Evelyn sipped her tea amused by the affect her suggestion had on them both.

The conversation between the two went with ease and by the end of it Evelyn took an even bigger liken to Amora than Rya did.

After tea and conversation. Raul's mother Evelyn went to her room to get some rest it was still the middle of the day but her journey to the grand Dukedom left her exhausted.

Amora and Raul found themselves alone after he dismissed sir Lance for the day. It was silent as Raul watched Amora, his staring made her nervous but she tried not to show it. "Amora" said Raul after hours of gazing at Amora. "Hm?" She replied "Are you sure children is something you want?" he asked resting his chin on the back of his hand. "I-" said Amora as her mind instantly began to picture the process at the mention of children.

Amora shook her head and cleared her throat realizing the serious look on his graces face. "I Am, I've always knew someday I'd be forced into a marriage with a man I did not care for, prior my uncle's wishes and the only thing that brought me comfort was knowing that someday I'd bare a child, one that would love me to spite it's father and I affection levels towards one another, but I'm afraid I wouldn't be a great mother as I've never had one" said Amora as she looked down into her hands as if it was something in them.

Just then Raul grabbed ahold of those very hands and kissed them both catching Amora completely off guard all while gaining her attention. "That's not true, you'd be a great mother, your perfection is all I see" he said before moving his face towards Amoras. She was sure he was going to kiss her on the lips and was unprepared but excited.

She closed her eyes and waited patiently for his graces lips to finally touch hers. But to Amoras surprise Raul went past her lips and planted a kiss upon her cheek before pulling back and smiling. Amora was disappointed yet relieved and returned his sweet smile with a Flustered expression.

It felt as if Amoras heart skipped a beat just seeing his smile. "I have something for you" said Raul bringing her out of her daze. "What is it?" Asked Amora. Raul then pulled out a beautifully warped box small but long. The bow on top of it reminded her of the box his grace sent with that dress before in it.

He handed her the box and smiled once again. "Go on open it my love" he said Amora slowly opened the box and her eyes widened at what she saw inside.

Inside was a beautiful necklace with a thin chain and a gorgeous little blue stone in the middle with white on it. Amora was amazed so much so that she didn't realize his grace reaching for it until she looked up. "May I?" He asked Amora stood up with no hesitation and turned around. His grace took the opportunity to run his fingers along her collar bone before moving her hair to the side. Amora blushed at the sensation as he began to put the necklace around her neck. "If Leonard hasn't already made you aware I'm what you call a mana mage, the power built inside me allows me to read others minds and emotions even auras and other things, but one is more stable then the others, I'm embarrassed to say but when I'm asleep my powers wander and is uncontrollable, I fear that our first night together i invaded your private feelings and have felt guilty about it since" he said before finally clamping the necklace then turning Amora around to face him. His words were serious but sensitive. He really did feel bad for something he couldn't control. Amora thought as she looked into his light blue eyes.

"This necklace will keep me out of your mind and body and also anyone else who tries to invade your mind, you'll be completely closed off to me, you may have noticed that my mother and sister are also wearing a necklace for the same purpose but yours is a lot more special, with this necklace comes a promise" said Raul. "A promise?" Amora repeated. "Yes Amora you have to promise me something" he said "Ok" she replied curious as to what the Duke could possibly want her to promise him.

He then warped and arm around her waist and pulled her close looking deeper into her eyes. Amora was shocked but did not move, "You have to promise me that you'll always be open and honest with me about what you're feeling, never lie to me or try to deceive me and in return I'll do the same" said Raul. Amoras facial expression softened. That noble woman really did wound him badly, Leonard was right Amora thought in her mind as she subconsciously reached out and touched his hair and face. Raul was surprised a little but it quickly subsided as he leaned into her touch unaware of her thoughts again for the first time.

No matter if this is what it takes to show him that I'm not her and take the first steps to healing his broken heart then so be it. She thought as she looked at him with a serious look on her face.  "I promise" said Amora. Raul sighed a breath of relief as he feared that maybe his request was to invading. Even so it was something important to him, he wanted to fully trust Amora but even though his love ran deep he still could not say he completely trusted her.

He knew this was a flaw of his own and hated that he had to put it on display and ask Amora so openly to accept it. But luckily for Raul he chose a truly caring woman who'd understand no matter what he told her.

Here's a picture of the necklace Raul Gifted to Amora.