Chapter 8

||The Duke Is Obsessed With Me!||

An hour later his Grace had set off to go make good on his promise and pick up Amora the woman he accepted hand in marriage

An hour later his Grace had set off to go make good on his promise and pick up Amora the woman he accepted hand in marriage. "So this woman she must be truly amazing if his Grace accepted her proposal" said Leonard, Leonard was one of Rauls servants at the grand Dukedom. He was the head of Servants and had been a servant at the Dukedom since Raul and Rya were both children. needless to say he was extremely loyal to the Ramiro House, and both Raul and Rya loved him and considered him a part of the family despite their status differences.

Raul ignored Leonard and looked out of the window. Leonard was quite use to his grace cold demeanor so he never took it to heart. Leonard smiled before speaking again. "Oh come on amuse an old man" said Leonard Raul sighed. "If you must know it's not about how amazing she is, I took her hand in marriage because I simply owed her and I never ignore a debt" said Raul. "Of course your grace" said Leonard sensing the annoyance in his voice. Leonard knew that meant it was time to drop the conversation.

A while later they arrived at the Viscounts Estate, Leonard looked out of the window of the carriage and was just as shocked as Raul the first time he seen the horrible conditions of the lands and animals. "Your grace...." Said Leonard unable to find the words to describe what he was seeing. "I know" said Raul quickly understanding.

"Leonard" called out his grace, "Yes Your Grace?" Replied Leonard giving Raul his full attention. "When we enter the house please do not speak about the poor conditions, I want to handle this situation directly but can't do so without a deeper investigation" said Raul Leonard nodded in understanding. "Yes your grace" said Leonard before they both climbed out of the carriage. They approached the house and knocked on the door. The door swung open and instead the viscounts wife standing there this time it was the Viscount himself waiting to greet his grace. "Your Grace! We have been awaiting your arrival please do come in" said the viscount. Raul ignored his presence and walked into the house with not even so much as a thank you. But Leonard however thanked the viscount and greeted him with a smile before walking inside following behind Raul.

"Shall we sit and have a drink?" Asked the viscount, Raul knew that he was just kissing up to him and that this nice act was just that, an act. Raul hated people like that, people who wore a mask with the intent to hide their true colors. But it didn't matter when Raul came Across people like that because with his skill he could always see past the mask. "Where is my future bride?" Asked his grace completely ignoring the viscounts sad attempt to gain his Graces favor. The viscount cleared his throat as he grinds his teeth together.

"Ah well see Amora will be out in just a-" he said through his teeth but was cut off by the sound of Amoras voice cutting in. "I'm here, your grace" said Amora that numb look on her face even worse then when he left her. "Amora?" Said Raul "I'm sorry your grace forgive me but...I can not marry you" she said everyone gasped and Raul stood there in complete shock and confusion. "Oh dear" said Leonard. "WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?!" yelled The viscount, Raul was to stunned to even speak. This was a first for his grace, for a noble woman to completely reject an opportunity to marry him and join the Ramiro household was completely unheard of in fact it was rare. Raul blinked a few times before finally opening his mouth to speak. "Did-did I hear you correctly?" Asked Raul. Amora nodded "Yes your grace you did" said Amora. His grace touched his chin in a thinking manner. "Amora?! What are you doing?" Asked the viscount his face so red that it looks like any moment he could explode.

"May I ask what made you decide that?" Asked Raul truly confused and curious. "I decided this because the way it came about, don't get me wrong I was truly grateful that your grace took my uncle up on his kind offer but I have to say a marriage to me is something I do not think you want, we know nothing about one another plus it wasn't you proposing it was you accepting a business offer, it is clear that neither one of us wish to marry so to save us both from a life time of regret and misery I'd like to kindly decline his grace my hand in marriage" said Amora so formally like it was rehearsed which made his Grace ask Amora another question. But he had to do so in private this time.

"Amora I wish to speak to you alone outside if you don't mind" said Raul. Amora thought about it for a moment but then Eventually agreed and with that they both stepped outside and went and talked near the carriage. "Are you in any danger?" Asked Raul, her words were unbelievable he couldn't believe that a noble woman was rejecting him and not the other way around he thought she had to be being forced it was the only explanation. "No your grace nothing like that" said Amora. "You must be or have you hit your head or something?" Asked his grace, he didn't mean to come off as rude and aggressive but somehow he did. Amora instantly started to get offended "Excuse me?!" Asked Amora "I'm agreeing to marry you, the Duke is agreeing to marry you and your declining?!" Said Raul again coming off aggressive and rude. The numb look on Amoras face instantly disappeared and was replaced with a fiery spark instead. "Is it truly that impossible for someone not to want to marry you!?" Said Amora with a bit of a shout. Raul's eyes went wide as he realized just how offensive he was being. "Wait I-" he tried saying but it was too Late Amora was already heated. "Just because your a man with a shiny title doesn't mean I have to just jump at the opportunity to marry you, you know what I actually thought my cousins were wrong about you but it turns out that they weren't, they just didn't have all the facts" said Amora before beginning to storm away.

"Wait Lady Amora!" His grace called out Amora stopped and turned around. "I think it is about time for you to take your leave your grace" said Amora before turning around and leaving.

His grace felt horrible and repulsed by his own actions. Needless to say the carriage ride home was filled with him sulking as he looked out of the window.