Chapter 26

With Raul

"The madam has received the invitation from the emperor himself she can not decline it" said Leonard as we all sat in the living room of the palace discussing the invite that was sent to Amora two days ago. There was me, sir Lance, Sir Fredrick, Amora, Leonard, my mother, and Sir Alexander.

"Then find a way I don't want my wife anywhere near the imperial family and everyone here knows why" I said my fist balled tightly. "If I may your grace, why not use the madams physical health as an excuse" said Doctor Allen Dixon peaking his head into the room. Everyone's attention immediately focused on him. "Doctor Allen?" I said surprised at his sudden appearance, "Forgive me for listening in Your Grace" he said stepping in and putting an hand over his heart before bowing slightly. Usually I'd be angry that someone was interrupting such an important conversation but the fact that he presented an genius idea overshadowed that.

"It's fine tell me more about your plan" I said and Doctor Allen cleared his throat. "Right as you wish your grace, I've been keeping track of the madam's Physical Health and so far she's still a while away from being completely healthy, we can easily use me to decline his majesty's invitation as I am her personal physician, I can make her health seem worse then it is, that should keep anyone from requesting the madams presence for at least a while" said Doctor Allen.

Leonard made a thinking face "Hm?, that should work perfectly" he said "it's a smart plan" said Sir Alexander "Yes and even as the emperor he cannot force her to attend, people would form bad opinions about his majesty calling him the cruel man who forced a sickly duchess from her home just to attend his party it would be unsightly" Sir Frederick Explained. "Even so my son, with a plan like this you must be careful if his majesty finds out that you purposely kept him from meeting the new Duchess of Romiro he will have the right to punish you in anyway he sees fit" said My mother Evelyn.

"It doesn't matter as long as I can keep him from Amora it's worth the risk" I said with an determined look on my face before I turned to look at Amora who was sitting next to me looking down at the ground. That's right, I didn't ask her what she wanted to do. "I'm sorry my love" I said as I began to feel guilty. She looked up at me surprised and confused "huh?, For what?" She asked cluelessly, "In my determination to keep you safe I never even once asked what you wanted, I'm truly sorry" I said hanging my head low in shame. Just then I felt an hand rubbing my head causing me to look up at her only to see that her facial expression had changed and she smiled sweetly at me. "it's ok, I'll follow whatever plan you make if your worried about the imperial family and I meeting then I trust you, you know them better then I do you've encountered them before but as for me I'm only just now being recognized by them it's only fitting that I trust your judgement on this" she said I looked at her surprised. "Are you sure my duchess?" I asked, "Yes" she replied without hesitation. I smiled slightly before looking over at doctor Allen. "Ok then that's what we shall do" I said. "Wait your grace before you both completely agree there's something else I must mention, during this time once I've made his majesty  aware of The madams health she'll have to stay within the dukedoms palace walls and she will not be able to leave until the considerable amount of time is up" Doctor Allen explained "He's right Madam I'm sure you have places you'd like the visit in the grand dukedom you won't be able to for a month at least" said Leonard.

I looked over at Amora who was making the cutest thinking face before she responded. "I don't really have anywhere I want to visit so it's fine" she said. "Alright then I'll accompany Doctor Allen to the royal capital first thing tomorrow" said Sir Alexander.

After the matter was settled we all left the room everyone going to go carry out the rest of their day. I walked in the hallway with my mother and wife.

Just then my mother stopped walking and suddenly hugged me. "I'm so proud of you" she said "for what?"  I asked confused "Back there when you were making decisions regarding Amora and realized you were leaving her out of them, you immediately apologized and asked her what she wanted" she said I looked at her surprised she was proud of me for considering my wife's feelings?. "Don't all married man consider their wife's feelings?" I asked, I don't think I've ever met a man who didn't treat his wife that way even Amoras Scum for an uncle seems to treat his wife as an equal.

My mother giggled "How can you be 23 and still so innocent it's adorable" she said with a chuckle my cheeks went red as I looked over and noticed Amora giggling as well. This was embarrassing, once my mother stopped laughing she took a breath before starting to talk. "Your father wasn't like you in that way he often made decisions on my behalf as well and left me out of them, even so I never got angry with him for it because I knew he meant well, see a marriage is a partnership one person shouldn't make the decisions alone when the outcome will affect both parties, I loved your father but he was quite stubborn it's a trait you've no doubt inherited" she said I blushed in embarrassment "Mother!" I whined and she smiled "Only difference between you two is you don't let your stubbornness control you, it's something I envy, with your mindset a lot of the silly arguments your father and I had in the past could've been avoided" she said as she touched the bracelet my father gifted her with an reminiscing smile before snapping back to reality.

"Anyways I found that admirable I've raised you well" she said I smiled and kissed my mothers cheek before hugging her "Yes you did" I replied before pulling away she then came over to stand in front of Amora. "As for you daughter, please forgive my son in advance for any future stupid choices he will make as your relationship grows, he is his father's son after all" she said "Hey!" I replied but she ignored me. Amora snickered before smiling "Okay! You have my word" she said. I found myself staring at her gorgeous smile unable to take my eyes off the way that her eyes sparkled while talking to my mother. I'll protect her no matter what, I don't ever want to lose her or see that beautiful smile disappear. She's the the stars that lights up the night sky and the sun that declares it morning, someone as beautiful and sweet as her deserves to always be smiling.