Chapter 24

||The Duke Is Obsessed With Me!||

                                  With Amora

                                  With Amora

The next morning I was spending time in my room when there was a knock on the door. "Madam you have a visitor shall I let them in?" Asked Sir lance outside my door. A visitor? I thought before I answered "Yes, let them in" I replied. "As you wish madam" said sir lance before it went quiet for a second and only the sound of the two large double doors opening and a man walking in could be heard. He was dressed in a white doctors coat with glasses on his face.

In his hand was a bag. The man bowed to me before he spoke. "Hello Madam, I'm the palace head physician and my names Allen Dixon but You're free to call me just Allen" he said before lifting his head and finally looking at me. "Physician?" I said confused as to why one was here. "Yes I have been tasked with giving you a full check up prior to his graces request" said Allen kind of nervously as he pushed his glasses up.

His grace requested I be seen by a doctor? But why? I asked myself as I looked at him. "Do I have your permission to begin" he asked snapping me back to reality as I was lost in thought. "I- um I suppose so" I said still confused he nodded and then came over setting his bag on the table and opening it revealing a lot of supplies. He pulled out something and warped it around my arm. I watched still confused as to what this was all for. "Allen" I said "Yes Madam?" He replied while still doing what he came here for. "May I ask what this is for, am I to be sent on a trip or...." I asked he shook his head "oh nothing like that madam, his grace just wants to make sure your body is healthy" said Allen casually. "Oh, okay" I said, later Allen was finally done and had packed up his things after drawing my blood.

"Alright Madam I'm all done here, I'll now be taking my leave" he said bowing before leaving the room. I touched the bandaged spot on my arm. Make sure I'm healthy? That's sudden. I thought before I picked up my book and went back to reading thinking nothing more of it.

With Raul

I was in my study when Allen our palace physician came walking in. "Your grace pardon the intrusion but i need a minute to talk with you". He said I sighed annoyed "I'm quite busy Allen could you come back later" I said as I continued to go over the viscount estates assets and property taxes. Everything was so bad, the viscount has put they're town so far in debt all for they're Expensive lifestyle. How selfish, I thought to myself as I looked up and realized Allen was still standing there. " Your grace it's about the duchess" he said I immediately gave him my full attention hearing that it was about my wife Amora. "Speak what is it?" I asked my heart pounding in my chest already thinking the worst.

"I wanted to give you the full report on her health" he said before handing me a paper. "The madams body is frail, her pale skin is the result of her not eating well I've been told by the maids that out of the 4 meals that are prepared for her a day she only eats one, she's low on vitamins which makes her vulnerable to illness and infections it's urgent that we raise her vitamins, she also needs more sunlight I recommend 2 hours a day outdoors" said Allen. "So what's your treatment plan?" I asked Allen he looked at me confused. "Pardon?" He replied. "I'm making you her new personal physician she's now your only patient have your medical team handle your others you're attention is to only be on the duchess so what's your treatment plan?" I asked again. Allen cleared his throat before clumsily sorting through the paperwork in his arms to try and find the right ones.