Chapter 10

||The Duke Is Obsessed With Me!||

As the weeks went by his grace and I had grown closer so much so that I guess you could say he was a good friend

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

As the weeks went by his grace and I had grown closer so much so that I guess you could say he was a good friend. He still occasionally brought up marriage even though I always gave him the same answer again.

As I was laying in bed I heard chirping outside my window I thought it was just the birds doing they're morning song until I heard a peaking noise onto my window. I sat up and looked at the window to see his Graces bird named Milo, I quickly climbed out of bed and rushed over to open the window. Milo landed on my shoulder and chirped. "Well good morning Milo do you have something for me?" I asked, Milo chirped again almost as if he was responding I looked down at it's leg to see a paper with white and blue ends I instantly recognized that these were the Dukes House colors so I quickly opened it only to see that it wasn't like the letters he usually sent it was different it looked like a "Invitation!?" I said out loud to myself before reading the paper. "Good morning you have been formally invited to the celebration of Rya Ramiro, Signed Duke Raul Ramiro" I was in shock I turned the paper to see more writing on the back but this time it was a note from his Grace.

The note:
Amora please join us at the Dukes Grand villa tonight to celebrate the acceptance of my sister Rya into The academy of swordsmanship for young nobles. It's a rather special celebration so I took the  liberty of picking out a dress for you. I hope you don't mind, Sir lance should be arriving at your home with it right about now. Signed- Duke Raul Ramiro. 

As soon as I finished reading the note I looked outside my window and I saw sir lance looking up and waving. I smiled and quickly rushed downstairs to answer the door, I was home alone as my Uncle , Aunt and cousins were off  shopping together so i could take the dress and hide it away so that this time my aunt can't take it from me. I opened the door and sir lance was standing there with a black box wrapped with a sparkling deep blue bow at the top of it.

There was a tag with my name written neatly on it. "Sir lance!" I said excitedly "Good morning Lady Amora I have something for you" he said before handing me the black gift box. I took the bowed lid off and peaked inside. The dress was gorgeous it was Sparkling just like the bow on the box, it was also a dark blue color and there was a pair of Lacy black gloves to match.

"It's beautiful" I said with a smile. Once Sir lance left I immediately went to hide the box underneath my bed and tucked a black blanket around it completely hiding it and taking advantage of how little light there was under there.

Night time came and I was so excited I couldn't wait to see Rya again I wished I could bring her a gift but I didn't have any money. After my bath I walked out into my bed room with my robe on only to see my cousin Elsie and my aunt standing in my bedroom.

I looked at her hand and realized my aunt was holding the invitation from the Duke with a twisted smirk on her face. "Oh did you think you were attending this exclusive celebration alone?" She asked I stood there unable to speak as she approached me. "Or did you just fail to tell me?" She asked with a smirk on her face so wide that you would swear it stretched further then it was supposed to.

I could hear Elsie snickering as she sat on my bed, I looked down and noticed that I had left the gift box poking out and didn't push it back after I looked at it again. Elsie feet was practically touching it, i hoped and preyed that she didn't realize what she was touching with her feet but I should've known better to think that the gods would be on my side. I'm not allowed to have anything good.

Elsie followed my eyes and realized the box under her feet she then bent down and picked it up. "Mother look she was hiding another gift from his grace" she said looking at the tag. My aunt stepped back and looked over at Elsie and watched as she opened the box. Her eyes went wide and she gasped. My aunt then went over to look at it as well and almost had the same reaction. "Could I wear this to the celebration please mother?" Asked Elsie. "Well yes of course dear" said my aunt, Elsie screeched in excitement before hopping off of my bed with the dress held up to her chest as she spun around.

"No!, wait please" I begged my eyes tearing up "Shut up!, that's what you get for trying to hide it from me next time I bet you'll think twice" she said pointing a finger at me before they both left the room.

Later they ended up leaving me and taking my invitation and dress so even if I still wanted to go I couldn't. I sat in my window seat with my legs up to my chest, usually I tried my best not to cry but in this moment I felt hopeless I could no longer contain the tears that came flowing down my face. Why? Why did they have to choose me to be the target of they're anger, why do they constantly treat me this way?, what have I ever done to them?. I've followed they're rules, listened to they're every demand, played nice with they're children who only ever find joy and my misery. I pretend when we're in public and endured when we're in private. so why can't I have something just this once.

I cried so hard that my throat burned and my eyes stung. The gods must hate me I was reincarnated in a world where I'm treated like nothing a world where everything I reach for gets snatched away. I'm tired i want to end it all I just want to let go.