Chapter 7

||The Duke Is Obsessed With Me!||

The Next Morning

"You're getting married!!!!" Shouted Rya the dukes little sister in surprise. "Please lower you voice Rya the maids might hear you" said the Duke "Right sorry I'm just so excited I finally get to have a big sister!" Said Rya. "Don't get too excited I'm not really marrying her I saw the look on her face she doesn't truly wish to marry me I only proposed to get her away from her awful family it was the least I could do for her after she helped you, she'll live at the dukes manor until I find her a more suitable home" said his Grace. "Older brother?" Rya called out The Duke looked down at his sister "Hm?" He replied "I think you should actually marry her she's perfect and I know Mom would like her just as much as I do" said Rya. Raul sighed and sat down before signaling for Rya to do the same.

"Remember what happened last time Rya? When the woman deceived you, me and mother then made off with a fortune of our family money?" He asked Rya nodded in shame "Yes I remember" she replied before looking up at him "But Amora isn't like that I can tell I've gotten better at reading people just like you taught me" said Rya. Raul knew she was right about Amora Raul himself can't seem to sense any impure intentions on her like he did on the viscount and the rest of his family. Amora was different she was like the light Surrounded by  darkness. It was something about her that Raul just couldn't shake something that made him want to keep her close. "Ok" said Raul Rya looked up shocked and confused "Ok?" She repeated, "Amora shall stay here in the royal Duke Palace, I'll give two weeks to decide whether or not she wants to marry me" said Raul with a shrug, he knew his little sister has always wanted a big sister or just a sister in general she wanted to do the things she couldn't do with his grace. It was one wish the Duke had denied her of, after the first noble woman his heart hasn't quite recovered fully yet.

"No that's not enough you have to make her want to marry you" said Rya the Duke raised an eyebrow at his little sister "And how do you suppose I do that" he asked. "Well for starters drop the stank attitude you seem to be so good at showing off lately, no lady wants to Mary a frowning man" said Rya The Duke rolled his eyes before shrugging "Fine anything else old great lady of wisdom" said his grace teasingly. Rya rolled her eyes and scolded at him. "Shut up I'm serious" said Rya the Duke chucked as he looked lovingly at his darling younger sister. "Alright alright I'll wow her so that she want to become your big sister" said the Duke, to his grace this was a childish plan and his grace didn't intend to take it seriously but even so he didn't mind giving it a try because it was for Rya. It would be good to have someone like Amora around her. His grace started to picture Amora Brushing Ryas hair as they both chatted and laughed it was a soft scene that felt so real for a moment making him smile a little before snapping back to reality hearing his sister voice.

"It's not just for me Raul it's for you too, I think your very lonely at times especially when I'm away in  burton with Mom, you're here in this big palace all alone, the maids told me that you work all day everyday you know mom doesn't like when you work yourself so hard" said Rya his grace looked away for a moment before clearing his throat. Her words were true but his grace wasn't ready to admit them yet so he put on a smile to try and ease his little sisters mind a little. "I'm fine Rya I promise" he said but by the look on Ryas face she wasn't convinced. "So how's your lessons back home?" Asked his grace quickly changing the subject. "Well my teacher took a personal break so I won't have lessons for two weeks which I intend to spend here with you but I also came here to ask you something" said Rya her tone going from strong and confident to nervous and unsure. "What is it?" Asked Raul, "I-I wanted to um-I wanted to ask..." she said struggling to get her words to come out. "Just say it Rya" said Raul, Rya took a deep breath before starting over with a more brave and serious face now. "I wanted to ask you if you'd pay for me to go to The Academy of swordsman ship for young nobles" said Rya.

The Academy of swordsmen ship was were young nobles and royals from all over the world went to learn how to weld a sword, The academy of swordsmanship wasn't the only Academy that existed though there were others like The Magic Academy, The knights Academy, and The Academy of the sacred arts. Amongst all those academy's the most dangerous and famous one was The Academy of Swordsmen Ship it was definitely not a place where his grace would want to send his precious little sister. "No" Raul said Instantly, "But- But why?" Asked Rya. "It's too dangerous" said his grace "You attended it and many others" said Rya "It's different" said Raul.

"How? I want to learn" said Rya "You are learning" said Raul "being homeschooled on How to carry myself at a ball or greet the Imperial family isn't something I need to learn more about I want to do something I'm passionate about I want to learn something useful" said Rya on the verge of tears. His grace sighed he hated to see her cry and hated it even more when he was the cause of it. "Ok" said his grace Rya looked up at him surprised. "I'll put you through The Academy of Swordsmanship under a few conditions" said his grace before looking at Rya to make sure she was listening. Once he seen that she was he continued on. "One you must not quit if you come to me and say you do not wish to do swordsmanship anymore I will decline your request to leave, two your are to at least earn rank 5 or the highest rank which is 10, and three you must become strong enough to beat me in at least one of the one on one duels that will take place every time you visit for the academy break" said The Duke with a serious look on his face. Rya wiped her eyes and put on a determined face. "Ok I accept those terms" she said he smiled softly "Good" he replied.