Chapter 2

Star hid in the grass. She was stalking her prey. She crept closer and closer. Staying quiet. Her aunt told her to always stay quiet when hunting. She was just a cub, so she didn't have to hunt yet. Star looked fiercely at the white male lion in front of her. But before she could pounce. Her brother tackled her from behind. Star rolled and bumped into the white lion.

"Cubs," the male roared.

Star's brother Koda pounced on their father's back.

"Koda, don't pounce on your sister when she is practicing," The king said.

"But dad! I just wanna play," Koda complained.

"Go run along then," the white lion said.

The cubs rubbed their heads against their father's mane. Then they ran off towards the waterhole.

Star pretended to hunt dragonflies along the grassy banks. Koda was exploring when he found a doorway to a temple. He called Star over.

"What is that?!" Star felt scared. She pressed herself against the ground.

"It's just a temple," Koda laughed and went in.

"Don't go in!" Star said.

"Come on! We won't go too far!" Koda said.

The two cubs went inside. Koda grabbed a stick and lit it on fire with his mind. Concentrating on the stick.

"We aren't allowed to use powers yet!" Star told him.

"It doesn't matter sis," Koda said.

Star said nothing as they walked deep inside the temple.

There was strange writing on the walls. They could not interpret it. It was ancient writing. Soon the cubs stopped. There was a drop ahead of them.

"Let's go back," said Koda

Star sighed, "Finally, let's go!" she hurried to the light at the end of the tunnel. And they burst out into fresh air.

The cubs ran into the castle and skidded to a hult in front of their father.

"Where were you two? I sent a scout to keep an eye but he couldn't find you." he questioned.

"Uh, well, we found a hidden temple near the waterhole and-" Kodak was cut off by their father's angry roar.

"You went into a strange temple? That could have collapsed? Star is the future queen. I can not lose my heirs." The white lion exclaimed. "Never go back there."

"Yes dad, we won't go back in." said Kodak.

"We promise to be safe," Star added.

"Alright good," The king sighed and walked away to carry on with his royal duties.

His two cubs went to find their cousins and play with them. Leon was a golden coloured male, and his brother Saber was a tawny colour. Saber pounced on Kodak and tackled him. The cubs began a game of tag around the courtyard. Saber and Leon's parents watched them from the wall.